Chapter 175

The day before the war had finally arrived and the air was really tense even if it was early morning. Jiwoo had one last training session with Chaesol and Adira and as soon as it was over, she left the vampires' place and simply disappeared for a few hours.

Lena had tried to call her for a while now and she was starting to get worried when she finally received a text.

From Jiwoo:

Leave Alex with Chae and come to the address I sent you

From Lena:
Okay? Are you okay? You haven't been answering my calls!

From Jiwoo:

I had training and after that I was busy with something important

From Lena:
Alright, I'm dropping Alex off now and I'll be on my way

After Lena had sent her text she told Alex to pack a backpack. The boy protested because he didn't want to leave but when Lena promised him that they would do something fun after the battle tomorrow, he complied.

As soon as Chaesol let the kid in, Lena drove to the address Jiwoo sent her, realizing it was actually pretty close. She stepped down from the bike and she looked at a pretty nervous Jiwoo that was now walking towards her.

"Finally" she sighed, sounding a bit nervous. "I thought you forgot"

"Of course I didn't forget, I just had some trouble convincing Alex to sleep at Handong's. He's nervous for tomorrow even if I won't allow him to do anything" Lena explained, apologizing for being so late.

"I definitely want him out of the battle" Jiwoo whispered, shaking her head and not wanting to think about that now. "I uhm... I did something"

Lena tilted her head a little, thinking that sounded pretty bad. Usually when someone started a sentence like that it didn't mean anything good.

Jiwoo started walking, signaling Lena to follow until she turned the corner and walked in front of a big gate.

"I m-may have bought this house" Jiwoo mumbled, knowing it was a lot bigger than Lena wanted it to be.

"You may have-... Jiwoo!" Lena exclaimed, looking at the house. "We said we would search for an apartment! Something small! This is... this is way too big!"

"I know but we couldn't find an apartment close to the others! Every single one we visited was too far away" Jiwoo justified herself. "This house is close to them"

"It's still a house! I will take a long time to clean this and we will have too much space. It's nice that we can have guests over but the house will still feel empty" the black haired woman started rambling, overwhelmed by the news.

"Lena" Jiwoo called her to make her stop, cupping her cheek. "Why do you care so much about having a tiny apartment? This might be a house but it will still be yours and if the problem is that it's too big to clean it, I can just hire someone to do that"

"No that's not it at all... I just wanted to have a sense of achievement. I wanted to find a job, earn money to eventually upgrade to a house... Now, I just have what I want" the younger woman explained with a sigh.

Jiwoo stayed silent and looked down, unable to hold Lena's gaze. The younger woman told her what she wanted, but Jiwoo thought it was just because she didn't want to be a burden for her.

"I'm sorry" she whispered, playing with the keys of the house. Why couldn't she just listen to what people told her for once?

"It's fine... I still appreciate the gesture but I'll feel bad that I can't pay you back. This is a huge gift you know" Lena chuckled, patting Jiwoo's shoulder. "But thanks, really"