Chapter 136: A hunter's past part 5

M: for not too explicit smut

A year had passed since Bora and Yoohyeon arrived at the hunters' camp and both girls had already completed all the evaluations. The leader was happy about their results and for that she increased the hours of their training and she constantly kept an eye on the two girls. To say that they were drained mentally and physically was an understatement, both of them felt like they couldn't take any of that anymore, but they didn't find a way to escape yet. Both of them had individual training today and already had done a few hours of duo training in the morning.

"Can we... take a break?" Bora asked, massaging her shoulder. "If I shoot another bolt my shoulder will probably leave my body with it" she asked Byul.

"Then the medics will just have to fix you up. You got a break in between sessions, you should be happy your hours got increased" the older woman stated with a scoff. "Keep shooting and I swear if you start missing the target!"

Bora took a deep breath and she looked at the moving targets, not able to focus properly. She was so tired that her eyes were crossing every time she tried to finally shoot one of them. She took more than usual but she finally shot the bolt, hitting slightly above the heart symbol on the dummy.

"Fuck" she mumbled, loading the crossbow again and quickly shooting another one, hitting the target and hoping that that was enough to not make Byul angry.

"1 year in training and you still miss our basic dummies? I'm starting to think if it's worth to keep you around" her trainer sighed, walking to the targets and pulling both bolts out, handing them back to Bora. "Again!"

Bora loaded the crossbow again and tried to focus on the dummies moving way too fast. She took her time and she finally shot the bolt again, hitting the target again.

"You want to send me back home? You would do me a favor" Bora stated, loading the crossbow again.

"Did I say let you go? I said dispose, kid. Our vampires could use a meal or we could just do it the simple way" Byul chuckled, putting her rifle against the back of Bora's head.

Bora gritted her teeth, aiming at the dummies once again and shooting her bolts at them. The rifle pressed against her head was nothing new during training. She kept shooting for another half an hour and she tried to be as precise as she could, hoping that Byul would let her go back to her room so that she could have a simple dinner, hug and kiss Yoohyeon for a while and finally get some rest.

"Are we done now? I shot down every single one of them" she said, looking at her trainer.

"Yeah we're done, I will just have to make up another bad training report and send it to the leader" the commander grinned. "Maybe she'll allow me to finally get rid of you, you brat" she added, pointing the rifle at her forehead this time.

"Or maybe she will allow me and Yooh to take a few weeks break?" Bora tried to say with a sigh. "Just to regain our energy, see my family... and then we would be right back" she lied.

"How would you go see them? And why do you think we would allow that now?"

"We would just take the trains and go back home for a week or two" Bora tried to say, hoping to convince her. "We've been here for a year now... I miss my parents and I have a little sister, you know that. I just need to tell her that I'm okay and I need to hug her"

"You still don't get it do you? The moment you set foot here, your life is dedicated to the camp. Families don't work, I think you got a good example of that" Byul stated with a firm tone.

"I'm asking for a week, nothing more" the small woman repeated. "After that we will be right back and ready to train even harder... please"

"Oh I would gladly go let you meet your parents, kid. Don't worry" the older woman smiled, pressing the rifle against her forehead even more. "I don't think you would return though"