Chapter 163

Notice: Please read

Hello dear readers. Before we start this chapter there is something we need to tell you. And before we do that, we want to thank the readers that have been continuously showing their support and love for the story, we really appreciate that.

As you probably have noticed, the previous chapters have been really late and that is because we decided to go to one update a week for now. The reason for it being that we don't have a lot of pre-written chapters left and our motivation to write new ones is kind of gone for now. This is because of the limited amount of comments we've been receiving.

We work really hard to get these updates out, we even rewrote a complete chapter not too long ago because we thought it wouldn't be good enough... and the result of that was 0 comments on aff nor ao3. I think that was the start for the demotivation for us. That and the fact that some people have been commenting and trying to point out things that didn't make sense, while if you read the story, it does. We know that you might not like how characters behave sometimes and that's totally fine by us, but consider putting that in a respectful comment. If you want a story to go the way you want it to go, we suggest that you write one of your own so you'll so how much work it takes.

With that said, we also completely understand that some people don't have time to comment and we want to thank our regular commenters again. We're not complaining because of the ones that left comments but we're rather unsure if people are still enjoying our work.

Thanks for taking your time to read this notice and we hope you enjoy the chapter.

- Much love, Cristina and Nyle ♥

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After everyone had said goodbye to everyone, the group of four took off towards the location Jiwoo had told them about. Chaesol had her totem with her, Yubin had her daggers she got from Siyeon and the spear she got from Jiwoo with her, and the other vampires were just ready to fight.

The black and red haired vampire had no intel on how many guards would be there and what would happen when they arrived so they were basically going in blind and needed to adapt to the situation they were presented with.

Of course they would try to do it the silent way at first but if that didn't work they'd eventually have to fight. After a drive of about an hour they arrived at the abandoned lighthouse and found a good spot behind some rocks to observe the area, just to scout if anyone was there.

The leader of the group focused, closing her eyes, but she couldn't hear any unusual noise. She could hear the waves of the sea, the wind blowing, but no steps, no heartbeats... nothing at all.

"Can you hear something unusual?" She asked the other vampires.

"Nothing at all... are you sure that this is the place? It seems a bit too abandoned" Gahyeon said with a silent chuckle, just in case.

"I'm sure... there are no other lighthouses here" Jiwoo mumbled. "Let's try to move closer"

"Should me and Gah stay here? Just in case?" Yubin suggested, tapping Jiwoo's shoulder. "We have vision over a larger area from here"

"Yeah, we'll signal you two when to join us" Jiwoo nodded as she and Chaesol walked towards the door. "Chae, can you 'feel' someone? Try to use the roots in the soil as we trained for"

The black haired girl nodded her head, throwing a seed on the ground and using her powers to let a root grow from it that went into the ground. It buried it's way in the sand and felt out the areas under the lighthouse, trying to find a presence which it didn't.