Chapter 53

Siyeon sat down on the couch and took her phone out of her pocket, clicking on Handong's contact and waiting for the Chinese girl to answer.

"Hey Singnie, what's up?" The human greeted her.

"Hi Dongie! I was wondering... do you have any plans for tonight?" Siyeon asked.

"Nope, since I don't know where Elkie is! She has just disappeared these last few evenings saying she had something to do... why?" The bartender asked.

"I wanted to invite you for dinner" Siyeon said softly "I convinced Minji to talk to us about her past and... Gahyeon really needs to see you. She had a really tough night"

"Oh wow... I'll be there in 5 minutes... I really hope Minji... that she's going to be okay" Handong sighed. "And of course! I will always come around if my kid needs me" she cheered afterwards.

"I need to warn you though... Gahyeon is locked in the room in the basement. She... she lost control with Yubin" Siyeon explained.

"Oh god! Poor thing! I'll come over as soon as I can. It's the room only Minji has the key of, right? 'That' room?"

"Yes, it's that room" Siyeon whispered "I'll wait for you in 5 then. Thank you, Dongie"

"No problem, Siyeon! See you" the Chinese responded, ending the call.

"She's here in five, Minji" Siyeon yelled towards the kitchen.

"Why do you yell if I could literally hear your whisper?" Minji protested "And okay... Even though I'm still not sure about all of this" she whispered, preparing something to eat for the Chinese girl and Gahyeon.

"Minji, you don't have to tell us if you don't want to. We won't push you" Siyeon reassured her "And for the yelling... I guess the humans are having an effect on me"

"I want to" Minji replied "It's just... I know it will hurt the both of you. But... mostly you Singnie. What I will say... will hurt you a lot" Minji whispered and Siyeon got up from the couch and walked in the kitchen. This was another thing that they had and couldn't explain to others. In more than 200 years together, they learnt how to feel when one of them wanted the other one to go closer. They felt like the other one was literally calling them.

"Minji... I figured that it will hurt me but hey... It will never hurt me more than it hurt you back then. And again, I'd rather know than be left in the dark and see you suffer. You know what I always say? It's the pain that makes us stronger and keeps us going" Siyeon whispered.

Minji nodded, turning towards Siyeon and giving her a little smile.

"I know... but it still hurts" she whispered. "And I need you to promise me something, Singnie"

"Tell me, I'll try to promise you whatever you want" the younger vampire responded in the softest tone.

"When I'm done telling you... don't act strong. Don't pretend to be fine just because you don't want to hurt me" Minji asked, walking closer to Siyeon and wrapping her arms around her waist "I need you to be honest with me... because seeing you keep everything inside, would hurt me the most"

Siyeon nodded her head, locking eyes with Minji.

"You know I'm usually not the one to show my emotions but, if you ask that of me, Minji, then I'll do that. I promise you I won't act strong and that I will just say what's on my mind and act how I think I should act" She responded in a calm voice.

Minji pulled the girl into a hug and rested her head on the younger vampire's shoulder.

"Keep always in mind one thing... I don't regret anything I did" Minji said, kissing Siyeon's cheek, knowing that the girl couldn't understand what she meant right now.