Chapter 3

M

The next day Minji woke up later than usual because Siyeon wasn't in the bed with her anymore. She looked at the time and saw that Gahyeon needed to leave for school in about 20 minutes. Maybe yesterday's events had something to do with why she was so exhausted. She jumped out of bed and didn't bother change out of her pajamas yet, walking downstairs to meet Siyeon who was tapping her fingers on the table and Gahyeon who was eating her usual cereal with a smile. Minji of course noticed the look on her younger friend's face and wondered what was up.

"Hey, what's up with you this morning?" she chuckled and Siyeon just shrugged, pointing at the fridge.

"What?" Minji asked looking into the fridge and suddenly remembering what happened yesterday. Handong didn't restock the blood sacks. "I- I should probably go check on Dongie. This is not like her" Minji said trying to leave the kitchen to go change in her room.

"Maybe she just overslept Minji, just like you did today, it's not that big of a problem. I guess we just have to wait a bit longer" Siyeon said, obviously not knowing that Minji knew more.

"You could be right but I needed to go to her bar anyway so it's not a problem" Minji quickly responded going upstairs and changing in some simple black clothes. She jogged downstairs again and waved at her two friends. "I'll be back in a few, if I'm not in time to say goodbye anymore, Gahyeon, then just know I wish you good luck on your second day" she smiled before running out.

"Is it just me or she's acting weirder than usual?" Gahyeon said stuffing her mouth with cereal and Siyeon just shrugged.

"She is probably falling for Dongie" Siyeon joked as she looked at her sister happily eating. Sometimes she felt envious towards the younger girl, those cereals looked tasty.

"Uhm..Singnie" Gahyeon started to say, looking down at her bowl of cereal "I was wondering... since yesterday a teacher gave us a group project and Yubin offered to help me with it, could I maybe...you know... invite her over?" The half vampire asked looking now in Siyeon's eyes, with a hopeful expression.

-

Siyeon sighed, she knew she couldn't just refuse this. She wanted Gahyeon to actually make friends.

"I guess you can, it's not like she would recognize that we are vampires. Just please warn us when she is coming over and don't let her look into the fridge" Siyeon told her sister, combing her hair.

"Could I ask her today?" Gahyeon squealed happily. She never really interacted with anyone in years. Well... anyone except for Minji, her sister and Dongie. So she was really excited to spend time with someone else.

"We should ask Minji first, kid. Don't rush things" Siyeon said patting Gahyeon's head and the younger girl smirked.

"I already asked Minji and she's fine with it. But she said you're the problematic one so I should ask you too" Gahyeon said laughing.

"Did you really already ask her or are you just saying that so she can come over today, Gahyeon?" Siyeon asked, squinting her eyes at her younger sister.

"Hey, I'm not a liar! I already asked her and she said it was okay" Gahyeon protested with her arms crossed on her chest, pretending to be mad at her sister.

Siyeon looked at her little sister and she sighed.

"Fine, she can come today. Maybe it's the best day after all, our fridge is fucking empty!" She growled patting her empty stomach.

"Hey, you should be happy, there are vampires out there that haven't eaten in weeks" Gahyeon joked but making jokes about those hungry nightshade vampires was really not done.