Chapter 55: Red Lotus part 2

A year and a half later

Minji opened her eyes after a nearly sleepless night, rolling in the bed and involuntarily colliding with Siyeon's body. The younger vampire whined a little, but she didn't wake up, so Minii wrapped her arms around Siyeon's naked body and pulled her closer, letting the younger vampire rest her head on the crook of her neck. Minji sighed, knowing that probably today everything was going to change.

Every day she felt a piece of herself fading away, eaten by Red Lotus and she had enough of that. She needed to do something, something drastic. She only had a few people in the village she actually cared for, that cared for her. All the rest were meager vampires, turning a blind eye to the clan's insanity and that had to change.

She combed Siyeon's hair and sighed. The younger vampire was trying her best to help her and Minji could see that. Siyeon was always ready to cheer her up, to treat her wounds whenever she needed to. In the last year Siyeon started to understand how things worked in the village. Minji didn't tell her anything, but Siyeon was spending a lot of time with Jiwoo and with her help she usually stole some blood bags for Minji and when the older vampire came back home during the night, there was always blood ready for her.

They had spent a few months apart when the clan split them up and that was a bad period in Minji's life. They did it because they thought the younger girl was a distraction for Minji, but when they noticed that 'their Red Lotus' trained even worse than before and with a lot of Minji's demands, they put them back together and even gave them their own room.

Their relationship had grown stronger in the last year and now Siyeon was a lot more mature than she was before. After they moved her, she realized that the Council was constantly keeping an eye on them and she decided that, as Jiwoo always said, they had to learn how to play this game. The younger vampire shifted a little in Minji's arms and she slowly opened her eyes, noticing that the other vampire was already awake.

"Hey, you" Siyeon whispered in her sleepy voice, yawning shortly after. "Awake already?"

Minji nodded, kissing Siyeon's forehead and giving her a sweet smile

"Yeah, I just woke up" she replied, combing her hair.

"I thought you would be pretty sleepy after yesterday. Your day seemed tiring and what we did certainly didn't help" the younger girl smiled.

"I am tired" Minji admitted with a chuckle "But thoughts are keeping me up" she admitted.

"What are you thinking about? Can I know?" Siyeon smiled, caressing Siyeon's cheek. "Or do I need to convince you?"

"You can try to convince me, if you want" Minji teased "But I'm pretty sure you will fail"

"Really? Are you now?" Siyeon whispered, leaning closer towards Minji's lips and giving them a little lick.

"Uhm.. yeah I am" Minji whispered, pulling Siyeon closer "Make me change my mind"

"I'm doing my best!" The younger girl groaned, rolling on top of Minji's body and biting her friend's bottom lip.

"Is this your best? Really?" Minji chuckled, rolling them over and hovering over her, teasingly.

"Why are you being so difficult? Just let me kiss you and convince you, Minji!" The youngest girl whined being all cute.

"Because, no matter what you do... I won't tell you" Minji admitted with an apologetic smile "And I have to go" she whispered.

"Fine, let me get up then" Siyeon sighed, pushing Minji off and sitting up in the bed and standing up to stretch a little.