Chapter 176

Handong and Chaesol had just ended their evening shift which was quite crowded. Ever since Handong's bar reopened and an old one closed downtown, she had been getting a lot more customers. The Chinese was busy cleaning the bar as Chaesol cleaned the tables and put the chairs on them, preparing to close up. Normally they would have stayed open for another hour but since Jiwoo had asked them to look after Alex, they closed earlier.

Chaesol leaned against the wall, happy that she finally finished putting all the chairs on the tables. She trained every morning for the last few months and she helped Handong with the bar every night. Every single muscle in her body hurt right now and that definitely wasn't making her feel at ease for tomorrow's battle.

"Are you done there?" She asked, pushing herself away from the wall, not wanting Handong to see how tired she was.

"I am. I just need to close the taps and then we can wait for Alex" Handong replied, bending down to put some dirty glasses away, not feeling like cleaning them now.

"Okay, go close them" Chaesol said, walking to the sink and washing the glasses Handong was putting away. She knew her girlfriend didn't like to leave dirty dishes in the bar and that she was leaving them there just because she was too tired.

"Princess... You're tired" the red haired girl stated, walking towards her and stopping her from washing the glasses. "Just go lie down on the couch while I close the taps"

"It's okay, I can do a few more glasses" Chaesol smiled, reassuring her girlfriend.

"Alright... just only those, nothing else"

Chaesol nodded her head, quickly washing the glasses and a few more things she found on the counter. Truth was that she knew that at the moment she stopped she would have to confront Handong about tomorrow's battle. The red haired girl opposed the idea of Chaesol being in an actual team and she hoped she could just stay in the car with her, just in case something happened, but of course that wasn't the case. They had acted as if the war was far away for the last few weeks... but there was no escaping now.

She was startled by the storage door closing behind her with a smack as Handong walked out of it, not looking too happy about Chaesol still being there.

"Chae, only the glasses I said" she sighed, shaking her head. "Do you want to pass out again?"

"I didn't pass out. I just... I accidentally fell asleep while serving at the bar after a really hard training" Chaesol mumbled.

"Sure... maybe Anya believed that but I certainly don't" Handong stated. "I don't care how much they can train but you're not a vampire. You need to watch out"

"I'm not a human either. Bora is training as hard as I am and she doesn't even have powers" Chaesol said, drying her hands. "I should be able to do more than this"

"She has been training for years. She is used to it" the older girl argued. "Have you seen her body? You have been training with them for what? A few months?"

"Really? 'Have you seen her body?' It sounds like you've been looking at it really carefully" Chaesol scoffed, crossing her arms.

"You're avoiding the point, Chae" Handong whispered, not liking her attitude. This was something serious and Chaesol always acted as if it was child's play.

"What point? I'm training just like the others are... I don't want to be a burden tomorrow, I want to be helpful and someone they can rely on in every situation" Chaesol explained, locking eyes with Handong. "But this damn energy limit it's just-..." She sighed, looking down.