Chapter 169

As they walked in the backyard, they saw Minji and Yoohyeon were talking, sitting down on the ground. Nara and Solise's bodies were laying down in the middle of the arena and Eir was nervously waiting for Adira to arrive.

"I won't do anything until she's here" the priestess stated, looking at the bodies.

"She's coming. Gahyeon went to get her" Jiwoo replied. "The basement is not the easiest place to get out of"

Eir nodded, walking to the bodies and crouching down grabbing Nara's face in her hand.

"She will wake up dead... so she won't wake up" she said, turning towards Jiwoo.

"You can fix that though, right? We need her alive. Yubin said there was a spell or something?" The latter asked, looking around. "Speaking of Yubin, where is she?"

"I'm here!" The blue haired vampire yelled, quickly walking out of the house. "I'm sorry, I was reading and I got lost in a story ab-... Nevermind. Here's the spell" she said, walking to the priestess with a book.

"Where did you find this, child? You're not supposed to have these kinds of books" Eir asked, looking at the spell.

"Siyeon gave it to me... I've read it so many times, trying to find a solution" Yubin said with a little smile. "I don't have powers so... it's not like I can do any harm with it"

"I guess you're right. You're not worthy enough for powers" Eir stated, taking the book and placing it on the ground.

Yubin pouted a little, leaning closer to Jiwoo who chuckled and pulled her closer.

"She's been a bitch to everyone, don't worry"

"I don't like her" Yubin sighed, sitting down next to her leader as her eyes fell on Yoohyeon who was massaging Minji's shoulders.

"When we're done here babe, we can go on a date. Just you and me" the silver haired vampire smiled.

"I can't wait for it" Minji whispered, leaning back and tilting her head up to look at Yoohyeon. "It will be just us... for real this time"

"Sounds nice" the taller vampire smiled, quickly pecking Minji's lips. "And I don't know how this will work but... good luck?"

"Thank you, Pup" Minji whispered, cupping her face and kissing her lips with a smile as Gahyeon and Adira finally arrived.

"We're here" Adira said, trying to look strong while just a minute before she was still complaining about the pain.

"Adira" Eir called, turning around as she immediately recognized her voice. Years had passed but the vampire still looked exactly the same, of course.

"Eir. You came" the vampire responded, feeling happy but also really surprised. She was certain that after the woman just up and left all those years ago that she would never see her again.

"Did you really think that I would ignore you asking me for help?" Eir asked, walking to Adira and pulling her into a tight hug, closing her eyes. "I could never do that"

"It's good to see you, old friend" the black haired woman whispered, melting into the hug. It had been a really long time and Eir hadn't changed a bit. Not even her hair. "You look great"

The way Adira called her made Eir feel like she was burning from the inside. It brought back everything they had been through, the way they deeply cared for each other, the way they fought for each other... but it wasn't enough. ,

"You do too..." she whispered, resting her chin on Adira's shoulder, trying to ignore the pain in her chest.

"Have you been nice to my girl?" Adira suddenly asked, sounding a little more serious. "I know your attitude towards strangers"