Chapter 45

When the two girls arrived in the basement, Yoohyeon didn't really see anything out of the ordinary. It was just the same old basement she always remembered it being.

"W-what did h-he... want me to find?" Yoohyeon asked, looking at Bora.

Bora looked around, not knowing how to help the younger girl when she suddenly remembered something.

"Yooh, do you remember that one time we were children and we were playing here in the basement and your father came in and scolded us because we were playing next to an old piece of furniture and he said it was really dangerous... and he told us to go play outside?" Bora said, remembering that exact moment. She couldn't forget it because it was something really weird. Yoohyeon's father was always really kind and he never scolded them, except for that one time and he looked really worried.

"I think I do" Yoohyeon responded, trying to stop crying. She could clearly see Bora was keeping herself strong for her so she wanted to do the same for her smaller friend.

"Whatever your father wanted us to find, it's probably in that piece of furniture. He looked worried about us playing near that... so it probably contained something dangerous" she explained, walking closer to Yoohyeon.

"I think it... it was that huge dresser over there" the silver haired girl said, pointing at an old antique dresser in the dark corner of the basement.

Both girls walked in front of the dresser and Bora took Yoohyeon's hand, intertwining their fingers together.

"Should we open it?" She whispered, putting her free hand on the handle of the dresser.

"Go ahead, B-Bora" Yoohyeon responded and the older girl nodded, slowly opening the dresser, revealing all the things inside. A big dusty book, silver knives, a crossbow, silver crossbow bolts, silver blades, silver spears and a box with the letters 'Kim' engraved in it.

"T- This is..." Bora tried to say as she looked at all the weapons. She walked a little bit closer and she placed her fingers on the handle of the crossbow, caressing it gently. "This is crazy... what's all of this?" She whispered when she noticed Yoohyeon had in her hands the box with the incision.

"Will you open it?" Bora asked, carefully placing the crossbow down next to her and looking at Yoohyeon who nodded, opening the lock on the box before opening the box itself.

When she opened it, she found a beautiful and elegant gun that had her family name engraved in it. She took it out of the box and she looked carefully at the gun.

"This is w-what my father wanted me to find" she whispered, still looking at the gun in her hands.

"Hey, Yooh, look at this. It seems like he wrote a note in this dusty book" Bora suddenly said, having taken the book out of the dresser and showing it to Yoohyeon.

Yoohyeon quickly bent down to look at the note her father left her and she brushed her fingers on the book, imagining her father as he wrote that.

Dear Yoohyeon

If you found this, it means that you found out my secret and that something happened, forcing me to tell you about this. If that is the case that means that I'm not there anymore for you.

I want you to know how much you always meant to me and how much I loved you. You and my wife were my motivation to get back home safe every day.

I was a hunter. I hunted at night, searching for vampires. I know you are probably confused about all of this but all the information you need is on the next page.