Chapter 116

The morning after the mission everyone was a wreck and the house was incredibly quiet because no one had the strength or the will to talk. Gahyeon had been locked in her room for the whole night, crying with Minji. Yoohyeon held Bora tightly until morning, calming her down after every panic attack and Siyeon didn't come back home until morning. She couldn't bear to hear Bora and Gahyeon cry when she felt like she was the responsible one. As she walked back home, she found Minji in the living room and she locked eyes with her, moving her gaze down right after.

"Where have you been, Singnie?" Minji asked in a calm voice, knowing why the blonde left and wanting to show her she didn't think she messed up at all.

"I don't know... I just wandered" Siyeon replied, walking towards the stairs, not wanting to face anyone yet.

"Hey, come here for a second" her older friend whispered, patting her lap.

Siyeon stopped and sighed, turning around to face Minji and walking towards her. She sat down on her lap as Minji asked, but involuntarily she was still maintaining some distance between them.

"This is not your fault, Singnie'' the leader whispered, lightly wrapping her arms around Siyeon's waist to pull her closer. "If I decided that my team would go to that building it would've ended the same but with someone else" she added, pressing a light kiss at the base of the blonde's neck.

"It is my fault, Minji" Siyeon whispered, shaking her head. "I told her to sit down on the chair... I hoped we could make it out of there somehow. I hoped that she would b-break down at some point and kill me... because t-this is even worse" Siyeon whispered, clenching her fist.

"Yoohyeon told me what happened. It isn't your fault and I won't repeat that again. Yubin decided how the situation was going to end and she chose to not let you two get hurt. And she will be fine"

"Minji... what are the chances of her being alive?" Siyeon asked, turning towards the older vampire. "I spent the whole time in that room thinking 'that's it, she's going to die' after every stab and every shock. She lost too much blood..."

"Yooh said she was still conscious in the room after and if she really did give her to Jiwoo... There is a high chance they would've made it to a hospital" Minji honestly answered, pressing another kiss on Siyeon's neck.

Siyeon took her phone out of her pocket and showed something on the screen to Minji, locking eyes with her.

"I called every single hospital in the city" she whispered, putting her phone away "There was no Lee Yubin in their database"

"We would've been notified if-..." the black haired vampire said, not ending that sentence "but we didn't"

"We didn't" Siyeon repeated in a whisper. "Whoever that woman was... she didn't bring Yubin to the hospital. How d-do we even know if that was Jiwoo?"

"We don't. But how many vampires do you know that are able to identify that I turned Yoohyeon?"

"I don't know... she could have guessed" Siyeon whispered, shaking her head. "How... are Bora and Gahyeon?"

"Gahyeon... is a mess. And so is Bora but Yoohyeon stayed with her the whole time" Minji smiled, hugging the younger girl a bit closer.

"I should have been the one... staying there with her" Siyeon whispered, leaning against Minji's body.

"I don't think she needed someone who kept blaming herself yesterday, Singnie. And she completely understood why you ran"

Siyeon nodded her head, completely abandoning herself into the hug.