Chapter 142

An early surprise update today to make sure it's still Minji's birthday in as many parts of the world at this moment. We wish our dear leader another year full of happiness ♥

After the visit at the botanical garden, Minji brought Chaesol back home and she left to go back home herself. The priestess was excited about the visit but really confused about what happened with the plant that was now in her purse.

"Baby?" she called as she entered the house, closing the door behind her. "I'm back"

"Great! I've been waiting for you" the Chinese woman responded with a little chuckle, not coming to greet the younger girl.

"Where are you?" the taller girl asked as she looked around the house. "I have something to show you" she added, peeking inside her purse.

"I'm upstairs" Handong replied. "And you do? What is it?"

"Well uhm... that is actually a really good question" Chaesol replied, scratching her head and walking upstairs. "I mean... it's a plant but... I really have to explain you what happened"

"You sound confused. Are you certain Minji took you to the right kind of botanical garden and not some weed place?" The bartender chuckled from inside the guest room.

"It was the right botanical garden! But something really weird happened" the taller girl explained. "Are you still doing chores?" she asked, walking inside the guest room.

"I'm not, I finished all of them, including your broken vase" her girlfriend said with a little grin, laying in bed.

"I'm sorry for that. I was just way too excited and I knocked it down" Chaesol said with an apologetic smile as she dropped her jacket on the chair.

"It's not our vase and I'm sure Bora wouldn't care too much either. She won't even notice that it's gone"

"That's good then" Chaesol smiled as she sat down on the side of the bed. "Okay so... me and Minji were walking in the greenhouse when I heard something calling for me? Well... I felt it, more than heard it..."

The red haired woman sat up with her back against the headboard, the covers still covering her.

"Something 'called' you? Like... a person?"

"No... it was just a feeling" the taller girl explained. "And when I finally arrived there was this plant and it was glowing with a blue light"

"You used your powers in a public space?! That's dangerous, princess!" The older woman scolded her.

"No no! It wasn't me" Chaesol shook her head. "It was the plant itself! And when I got closer, my hands started glowing too and it just... shrunk and slipped in my purse"

The Chinese girl stared at Chaesol for a little bit before bursting out into laughter.

"Okay yeah, you're definitely high. God damnit Minji" she laughed.

"I'm not high!" the girl protested, shaking her head and sighing. "Look!" she stated as she opened her purse and slipped her hand inside, delicately grabbing the plant and pulling it out.

"Chae! That's not allowed! You can't pick flowers in a place like that" Handong gasped.

"I didn't! It just... pulled its roots out of the ground and slipped in my purse! And when I tried to take it out, it slapped my hand with a vine and it... closed the purse by closing the clip button"

"You do know how insane that sounds right? Plants don't do th-" the latter wanted to counter when the flower moved on its own, scaring Handong so much that she fell out of the bed, revealing the red lingerie she was wearing.