Chapter 54 Red Lotus part 1

TW: violence

More than 200 years ago

It was really early in the morning when Minji walked out of the common restroom they had in the dormitory and walked back to her bed, placing her pajamas on the side of the pillow, trying not to wake up Siyeon. They had a bunk bed and Minji made sure to leave the top bunk to Siyeon, so she wouldn't wake her up when she needed to leave for her training. The problem was that Siyeon never used her bed. She would either fall asleep in Minji's one or crawl on her bed when she woke up in the middle of the night.

Minji took her backpack and looked around noticing that no one else was awake and she bent down to kiss Siyeon's forehead, when the girl slowly opened her eyes.

"M-Minji? Where... are you going?" The girl yawned, looking at the window to see that it was still dark. And judging by the position of the moon it wasn't even near morning. "It's still early"

"I know, but I have to go to my training" Minji said with a smile, sitting down on the side of the bed, caressing Siyeon's cheek. "You know we start really early in the morning" she reassured her.

"I d-don't like your training. I barely see you anymore... You leave this early and you come back near the evening... It's not normal, right?" The young vampire softly asked.

"You know I'm doing a special training and it requires more dedication" Minji explained. "But I promise you I will do my best to come home a little bit early today, okay? So we can go eat together like we used to do" the older vampire smiled, pinching Siyeon's cheek.

"That sounds... nice but... Are you sure that you are feeling alright? I heard you throwing up a lot these past few weeks? Are you sick?" Siyeon worried.

"I'm fine" Minji reassured her with a smile. "I probably had some too old blood" she lied, caressing Siyeon's cheek with her thumb. "But I'm feeling better now"

"And you've been sick for weeks for a bit of old blood?" Siyeon asked, narrowing her eyes. "You know that you can trust me, right?"

"Fine... The training is really tough and sometimes it feels like my body wants to give up but... that feeling is over. I'm stronger now" Minji admitted. "So you don't have to worry, okay?"

The younger girl widened her eyes and her lower lip started trembling.

"You... you were throwing up because of the... training all those nights? Minji... I... I don't want you to do that training anymore. You s-should stop" she whispered.

"Hey" Minji quickly said, wrapping her arms around Siyeon and pulling her closer "I am okay now, you don't have to worry!" She said, kissing Siyeon's head. "You know I can't stop and I don't want to... there is a war going on and I need to help our clan" she said, knowing that that wasn't the real reason why she wasn't quitting.

"Are you sure you're okay?" The younger one asked again and Minji nodded. "Then I'll believe you, but tell me if you aren't! And I know about the war but... why you? Why are you the only one that takes the training?"

"Hey, have you seen me? I'm the strongest in here" Minji joked, kissing Siyeon's forehead again, not wanting to explain anything more. "I have to go now, Singnie. I'll see you tonight" she smiled, standing up from the bed.

"Good luck, Minji! Be sure to drink enough so you don't feel bad! I'll wait for you tonight" Siyeon whispered, nestling her head back on the pillow.

Minji nodded with a smile and waved at her before walking out of the dormitory where a slightly older male vampire was waiting for her to bring her to the training camp, like every morning. Minji didn't have many friends in the village, but this guard was one of them. They had spent so much time together walking to the camp and back that they started talking and exchanging opinions and before they could realize... They became friends.