Y. Itadori - Comfort

"Yuji?" You whisper, standing at the foot of your bed. There is a human shaped bump curled up under the covers, a poof of pink hair peeking over the top.

Walking softly up the side of the bed, you pull back the covers to view his sleeping face, squished cheeks and all. His lips were slightly parted, moving whenever he took a breath. Yeah you were confused as to why he was in your bed, but he was too cute to be mad at so you let it slide.

Sitting down on your nightstand, you debate how to wake him up. On one hand, you don't want to wake him up considering how tired he must've been to fall alseep here. On the other hand, you were planning to take a nap yourself and you couldn't with him hogging the bed like that.

Weighing your options, you decide to wake him up. You could barely keep your eyes open at this point.

Your hand finds his shoulder, shaking it lightly while chanting his name.

"Yuji, hey. You gotta wake up." You say, smiling when his eyes start blinking open.

He looks at you, very confused, before shooting up and darting his head back and forth to view his surroundings, "Huh? This isn't my room, why am I in your room?" He asks, pointing at you like it's your fault.

You shake your head, ruffling his hair, causing his face to scrunch up, "I don't know why you're in here man. I came in and you were all cuddled up." After saying that, you move to retract your hand but Itadori holds it in place.

"Wait so. I accidentally thought that this was my room?" He blushes a little, "It smells a lot better in here than in my room, I should've been able to tell. To be honest, I haven't been able to sleep recently, your bed is really comfortable."

Yeah, it is. It's your favorite thing in you're room. Warm and plush, swaddled in blankets and puffy pillows. Truly your pride and joy. Looking up at his face, you see lingering embarrassment etched on his features.

"It's okay you know. You can sleep here sometimes if you want, I don't mind." To be honest, you loved seeing him in your bed, sleepy and adorable. It may be selfish to indulge in those feelings, but fuck it.

"For real? I'm suprised. I thought you were stingy about person space." You shock a little at his words, what does this have to do with personal space? Your confusion must show on your face because he explains further, "I don't know, you just don't seem like someone people would share a bed with."

"Are you saying I'd be a bad person to sleep with?"

"No! No, Y/N I didn't mean it like that-"

"I can't believe you, and to think I was going to let you sleep here." You say, cutting him off. Draping a hand across your chest and whipping your head back, trying to make it clear that you're joking.

He relaxes, sighing. God, he really thought he screwed up.

You were still confused on why he was talking about sharing a bed though. You decided not to think about it, standing up to walk him out. When he doesn't get up, you turn around to see him lying back down, staring at you.

"Why are you looking at me like that." You deadpanned.

"Like what?" He questioned, "I'm just waiting for you to join me."

Join him?

Oh, so that's what he thought you meant. You weren't complaining though. Deciding to throw caution to the wind, you move to the other side of the bed, pulling back the covers and getting in next to him.

You stare at the ceiling for a few seconds, a little uncomfortable. "So what now?" You speak into the stagnant air.

He moves his head to look at you, looking a little hesitant, he reaches a hand up to scratch his cheek, mumbling a couple words.

"What was that? You sound like a curse right now."

"Um, well I was wondering if you could... hold me, I guess. Just because I've been stuggling to fall asleep and it might help!" He regains some of his composure enough to look you in the eyes. Shifting on your side to face him, you nod.

He lights up, moving closer to you and resting his head above your chest, you have one arm splayed out under his head, the other moving around his waist. In retaliation, he wraps both his arms around you, pulling you against him.

If you're being honest, you've never held anyone like this. Hell, you've never been held yourself. But dear god does it feel good.

"Hey Y/N... Do you think I should dye my hair?"

"Where is this coming from?"

"Sukuna. He's apparently embarrassed about it." At that statement, a mouth appeared on his cheek and started growling off statements like 'I'll kill everyone you love' and 'Don't make me sound like a little cunt.' before Yuji managed to force it to go away, "Sorry about that." He laughs.

You take a breath, deciding to be honest.

"I really like your hair, I think it's cute. Also Sukuna's an ass, if he ever makes fun of it I'll kick him." Thinking about it, you probably shouldn't have said that but it was a heat of the moment situation. If Sukuna decided to fight you, you'd probably be dead immediately.

Suprisingly, a mouth doesn't appear. Itadori just looks disgruntled which you can assume means that Sukuna's having a fit in his mind.

Giggling, you tighten your arms around him, hit with a wave of exhaustion. Lying here with him, all warm and content was really calming you down. You know that he feels the same when he lets out a huge yawn, shaking a little afterwards.

"Thank you for this," He says quietly, "I don't feel like people take me seriously ever. I get why. I'm stupid. But... Thank you. For being here."

Your heart swelled. He always attracted people toward him, and his words made you feel like you were important. Like you were different from all the other people he's met.

Smiling, you tilt your head down and press your face against his head, breathing in his soft scent. With him it was so easy to let go. So easy to let yourself be seen.

Itadori is truly the first person you've ever felt fully comfortable around. Everything about him made you feel warm, and the thought that he might feel the same left you dizzy.

You could get used to falling asleep in his arms.

He was thinking the exact same thing.