Nanami - College Time Baby

(Real life AU. Moving away to college!)

You look down at the garbage bags of clothes on your floor, perching yourself against the edge of your bed. The nerves have finally hit, making your breaths rattle in your chest.

"Fuck, I don't even want to think about trying to sleep tonight," you whisper to yourself, rubbing your eyes with your palms.

A buzz sounds from your phone, and you pat down your comforter trying to find the offending object. Once you hit it, you bring it to your face, the light from its screen making you squint. There's a text from your boyfriend, Nanami, and it says,

"What time are you leaving tomorrow?"

You let out a slow breath, trying to stabalize yourself. God you feel like shit.

"I think 9-9:30, just so I have time if I have to park a little ways away," you type in response, letting your hands fall to your lap and head droop down. You stare at the text thread, and only a few moments later there's a response,

"What's wrong?"

You can't help but scoff, a drop in your stomach. "What do you mean?"

"I don't know. Usually you're more... Loud?"

"Over text?"

"Don't act like you don't know what I mean."

You suck on your lip, realizing your mistake. Of course he'd realize something like that.

"I'm fiiinnnee, it is what it is!" You type out, trying to compensate.

"Stop trying to compensate," what the fuck, "I know something is up. I'm coming over."

"Wait wait, no you don't have to. Plus it's messy over here and shit."

"Do you think I care? Look, I hate typing, and I want to see you anyway."

"Could just facetime me."

"No."

"Alright fine," you fiddle with the edges of your phone case. "Let me know when you leave."

"I'm already putting on my shoes."

You turn off your phone after that, falling backwards onto your bed. It puffs out a breath of air before sinking under you, and you follow in its steed, letting out a sigh.

You want to see Nanami, you really do, but you don't know if you can be yourself right now. Everything is just so stressful and it feels like you're going to explode. You attempt smiling, but it feels wrong, so you slap yourself a few times. That doesn't do anything but make your cheek sting.

It makes you want to scream and flail around over the covers, but you can't even muster up the enthusiasm for that. It's infuriating.

You wait for Nanami to show up by scrolling on your phone, trying to do anything at all to not let yourself think one singular thought. It seems to get harder as the days pass. The longer you wait, the more it feels like there's a weight on your chest, bearing heavily down onto you.

There's a ring of your doorbell, coming within a few seconds of the word "Here," appearing on your screen.

You get up and make your way to the front door, trying to hype yourself up as you go. You swing open the door, a nonchalant expression already on your face. Yeah, I'm chill, I'm normal, you think.

Nanami is standing there with his genuine nonchalant look, giving you a once over before sighing.

"May I please come in?" He says, bowing slightly.