S. Gojo - Despite It

(Uh... New season huh? Here's an adult Gojo real life AU because I'm not playing with fire yet. I will put fire up my ass though.)

"So... Have you ever made mud pies?"

The words cause your eyes to open, covered in contempt for the man lying next to you. You keep your gaze to the ceiling, attempting to block out anything else he might say by screaming in your head.

"Y/N?" No, you can still hear him. You scream louder. "Sucks, they're fun. Though I always got in trouble for playing in the mud. I practically became the mud. Do you know what that's like? Do you Y/N? It's liberating. More freeing than a pig flyin-"

"Gojo I'm going to shove a broken lightbulb down your throat until the pieces stick out of your ass. Shut. Up," You say tensely, quieting the noise in your head in order to finally respond to the man. Talking back is probably the worst thing to do, but at this point what else is there to do?

"You wound me, and jokes on you I like the taste of lightbulbs," You can almost feel his beaming grin, eyes piercing holes on the side of your face as he shifts to lie on his side.

Groaning, you run your hands down your face and chuckle miserably.

The marketing department knows that you and Gojo... don't necessarily get along that well. At least, they know that you don't want anything to do with him. But still, the second there's a work trip they're suddenly like "Oh we're a room short," and "You two are the only ones who have to pair up," as if you've never spoken a word of dislike for the obnoxious man in your life.

They could kill to be a smidgen more subtle when it comes to trying to wingman their colleagues.

Also a smidgen more aware of the company policy on harassment.

There was no point in it anyway, not when you can't go one night with the buffoon without your brain slamming it's slimy little fists on you skull, trying desperately to break free.

Just like it is very close to doing right now.

"Just- please, can you," You start with exasperation, swinging your arms up hopelessly. "Sleep? Be quiet? Go out by the curb and drum on a pot? Anything else then what you're doing right now."

"The drum on a pot thing isn't that bad of an idea."

"Fantastic! So go do it!"

He hums, "It's too muggy outside."

"So is hell, get used to it now."

He laughs, the sound pitchy and grating and kind of lovely when you ignore the expense it has on you. It's genuine.

Lovely. Not a word you use often for the man, and not one for Gojo to ever hear you say regarding him. That would be the end of you, your dignity, and your braincells. He would cling to you and all of them would run away in fear.

"You're thinking very hard tonight," You feel a poke on your cheek to accentuate the words. The cars passing by outside are seemingly lightyears away compared to the rumble of his voice next to your ear. Too close. Way too close.

You glance sideways at him, seeing the way he softly gazes at you from under his bangs, a small teasing smile forever painted to his pale lips. Gojo's hand drops to the bedsheet under you, resting by your head instead of pulled back toward him. Eyes drifting to the appendage, you answer,

"Something to distract me from you, I guess."

He pouts, so you look back up to the ceiling.

"Look, man," You continue despite your jibe at him, "as much as I lay it on thick, I don't hate you. There's just... A time and a place to be annoying, right? This is neither the time nor the place."