M. Fushiguro - Dancing

(Real life AU. I don't know why this is almost 4k words.)

Once Fushiguro admitted he had a problem, things just got worse from there.

His problem was dumb, irrelevant, and absolutely not something he would usually stress over. But considering his friends opinions, he's realizing just how much of a big deal it really is. Maybe not to him, but to just about everyone else.

This problem, was that he wasn't prepared for the school dance in the slightest.

Call him pessimistic, even call him lazy, but he never even went to dances in the first place, so why is there so much pressure on him now? Itadori and Kugisaki have been constantly reminding him to get a suit, get a date, and even get his hair done. None of which he wants to do.

Even you were getting on his ass about it, although you were more bearable. You weren't inclined to dances, just like him, but you keep pestering him about it. Apparently you wanted to see him all dressed up, and he can't deny that he wants to see you like that as well.

He's lost in the spiraling thoughts, staring blankly at the table in front of him. He was currently at lunch with Itadori, Kugisaki, and you, but he wasn't even interacting with anyone. Despite your warm presence at his side, he couldn't seem to focus on anything except for the dance.

After a few more minutes of sulking, he feels an elbow jabbing into his side. When he looks up, he comes to look right into your eyes. You're looking at him a little confused, and reach forward to flick him on the forehead. When he leans back with a scowl, your face morphs into a smirk.

"Oh so he's finally with us! Thanks for joining real life, I hope you enjoy your stay." You say with fake politeness.

He rubs his forehead, rolling his eyes and setting his elbow on the table. "Shut up. At least I have thoughts."

"Bold words coming from the man who can't multiply in his head."

There are snickers coming from the other side of the table, and Fushiguro turns his head to glare at them.

"Don't bring my math skills into this." He says, pulling out his phone and distracting himself with it. "It's not like you're much better."

You huff, shrugging your shoulders and ignoring his insult. "What are you spacing out for anyway?"

"I have a lot of things on my mind, that's it."

"C'mon. I don't think it would kill you to be more specific. Unless you had a gun pointed at your head, if that was the case I would ask for it to be leveled at me instead."

He looks at you with a dead expression. "Why do you say shit like that?"

"Maybe karma will get me."

"Whatever." He plays with the ends of his hair, pulling the dark strands down. It became a nervous habit for him, and he usually does it when he can't think of what do say or do.

Itadori and Kugisaki finally decide to interact with the two of you, and Kugisaki speaks up first, throwing her fist loudly down onto the table.

"Ignoring Y/N's frankly depressing thoughts, I think we need to discuss the real issue here!"

"Yeah!" Itadori joins in, looking directly at Fushiguro. "You, sir, need a date."

"Aren't you three just going as friends? Why am I not included in that?" Fushiguro says sighing.

"Because," You stress, grabbing his shoulder and shaking him slightly. "We all got asked and shot them down, you need to at least try someone else other then us. Y'know, broaden the horizons."