M. Fushiguro - Books

"Okay, so it comes to $17.50!"

The man in front of you nods, taking out his wallet and handing you a 20. You put it in the register, getting out his change and handing it back to him. He grabs the bag, and says "you too" after you tell him to have a good day.

Turning around to walk into the breakroom, you rub your cheek with your palm. It's not like working at a bookstore was horrible, it was actually the best job you could ask for right now. Peaceful, pretty slow, and you're surrounded by mostly intellectual people. It was great, but you always got the worst hours.

Usually they would flip around at the drop of a hat. One day they tell you to open, and the next you're supposed to close. It's hard to keep your sleep schedule up with it.

Nevertheless, you prefer the night shifts more. It would suck if it resulted in not being able to hang out with your friends, but well, that didn't happen too often anyway.

You were currently working a night shift, the moon shining in on the table in the breakroom. You try and straighten out your rugged appearance to seem more lively. Well, as lively as you could possibly be.

Before you could reach into the mini fridge to grab a water bottle, you hear a loud voice coming from the shop.

"Woah! It's so big!" The voice exclaimed, "You really like this Fushiguro? I thought you were more the shut in type-"

The voice was cut off when a dull thud sounded, followed quickly by an 'Ow'.

Sighing, you wander back into the main room to see if there was any property damage. Luckily, nothing seemed to be hurt.

Except for a pink haired boy sitting on the floor rubbing the top of his head.

You look up from him to see a boy around your age holding a book in his hand, you assumed that's what he hit the pink haired boy with. He was pale and on the thinner side, with messy black hair and a scowl on his face.

You can't help but laugh internally at the predicament, walking up and offering your hand to the boy on the ground, "Hey, are you okay?" You ask politely.

He glances up with a confused expression on his face before accepting your hand and allowing you to pull him up. After he stands, he bows slightly with a huge smile on his face.

"See Fushiguro, that's what you should be like."

This "Fushiguro" kid goes to hit him with the book again but you grab it before it hits him, pulling it out of his hand and putting it back on the shelf.

"Not be be unprofessional or anything but my shift ends soon so if you two could focus, I'd appreciate it." You say.

"Yeah, this one's an idiot so he started yelling." Fushiguro turns to the other boy, "This is a library, Itadori. You know that."

Itadori frowns, rubbing his head again before perking up to say, "I remember what book you wanted! I'll go get it to apologize!" Before running off to the non-fiction section.

Wow, he's unnecessarily fast. Well at least that means that you'll get out of here faster.

The messy haired boy is now looking at his phone, so you take that as your cue to head over to the register. Soon enough, they both come walking over, Fushiguro clutching a pretty hefty book.

After you go through the works, they start to leave. Before they completely make it to the door however, Itadori turns around.

"Hey! What's your name by the way?"

"Y/N." You reply, and you can feel Fushiguro's eyes on you. That should be creepy, but you're honestly not against it.

-