M. Fushiguro - Subconscious

Fushiguro can't... breathe.

He can't see, think, or even focus his mind on the world warping around him and begging for his attention. The layering of stimulation pounds against his head, but he can only think of one thing. One silly little thing that shouldn't be his priority right now.

You.

You, and the spotlight in his mind that seems to illuminate your every move. He can't do anything else but watch you falter, wind shaking in his ears like the ringing of tinnitus as the control of his cursed energy pours out.

He somewhat remembers stumbling forward, knee scraping on the dirty polished stone and ripping a hole in his pants. The pain doesn't register, he just stumbles back to his feet and advances, hands pushing against the ground until he can stand up straight again.

Fushiguro is closer to you than he once was, and that's all he can tell. The pebbles imbedded in his hands, the buckling of his knees, and the crackling sounding from either side of him only playing in the recesses of his mind.

Y/N, he thinks he manages to shout, voice drowned out as he pushes forward enough to get in distance with you. Falling to his knees, purposefully this time, he reaches out, finally becoming aware of his own body.

Hand coming into view, he lightly wraps it around the back of your head, lifting it up and staring intently at your face. It seems to sway, like a breath of air hitting a flag on a cold winter day. He can't tell if it's your face that is moving that way, or a trick he's playing on himself.

In any case, he shuts down the second you speak to him. 

"Megumi," your eyes are wide. Concerned in a sense. "Oh god, are you okay?"

He doesn't know what you mean, and his voice catches in his throat when he tries to speak.

"You're... you're going to die. I am too," you whisper in his silence, not even lifting a hand to comfort him in some way. You don't look concerned anymore, just, there. There, and not anything he can remember you being.

"What?" He finally forces out, hand loosening on your head and pulse growing faster in his chest.

You smile, an odd sort of smile, and grab your dagger that's still laying by your side. "You're going to die, and it'll be without ever saving anyone."

"Y/N, what? What are you saying?"

"You know what I'm saying, Megumi," you grip the handle roughly, swinging it between your fingers. "And I'll too, Megumi. It'll be your fault too, all your fault, Megumi."

He can only watch silently as your blade shines in the dim light, gleaming as it approaches your face. The repetition of his name rings in his ears, the sound of your voice fading with his sight. Soon, all he can see is your blade, and the knowledge that he let you die. He let you die.

Megumi.

But, your voice is still there. You're still whispering to him so kindly, so familiar.

Megumi.

He doesn't know if he should care anymore. His emotions are there but they're muted, pulling out of his chest and seeming to turn into ants on his skin. Skittering around and making him tremble and thrash against the uncomfortable touch. There seems to be something making the trembling worse, but it's almost in contrast to the ants.

It's... pleasant? Solid, and a reminder of something he knows. Fushiguro tries to focus on that instead, a sort of heat pressing on his shoulders and shaking him actively almost in earnest.