Y. Itadori - Strength (part one)

(You don't need to read this one to understand part two, but it'll give more background. This one has little interaction with Itadori but oh well.)

-

In general, you thought you could handle yourself. That you could beat the shit out of anything that came in your way.

For the most part, this was true. With all your training you did manage to become a grade one sorcerer in your first year.

However, facing down a special grade curse, one as ugly as this, you realize that you do have limits.

Limits that want to bite you in the ass.

This was supposed to be a grade two curse, one that could be handled quickly and with no backup, but they must have miscalculated. Due to that, you're in an abandoned warehouse with the curse, no one around to help you.

'Fuck' You think, gritting your teeth after getting pushed back into a wall, 'I wanted to go out for food after, now everything's going to be closed.'

The curse wasn't that huge, but it was humanoid, taking on the basic anatomy. The difference was the wide eyes imprinting its body, and the amount of limbs sprouting from its torso.

You stand back up, over it at this point. You aren't desperate, there's no point to that. If you die, you die, no point in freaking out about it. However, you don't want to die like this. Who would.

You want to see the other first and second years again. You want to see Itadori. He was always the one cheering you up, keeping you protected. He was the first one to make you feel loved. You never felt like you showed him how much you loved him back, and now you're scared that you never will.

Sighing, you bring yourself to your feet, spinning the daggers in your hands, "What? are you over it now? I have places to be man, make up your mind."

The curse gurgles, rushing to the side of you to approach via your weak spot. As it lunges, you drop to your knees, sliding forward to try and slice your dagger down its stomach, but it moves to the side. What the hell? How did it dodge that?

Frowning, you get back up and whip to face it, throwing your hands up in front of you just in time to block its fist. The force throws you back, landing into one of the crates lined up against the walls. Jeez, is this how Fushiguro feels?

It was frustrating, even without any cursed energy, the curse was beating you back easily. Maybe it wasn't even that powerful and you were just weak. Itadori would be disappointed, it was bitter to admit that to yourself, but it was true. Honestly, it gave you all the more reason to fight. To fight, and to win.

You once again place yourself onto your feet, rolling your shoulders back. Just in case, since the situation was getting too hectic for your liking, you take out your phone and send your location to Itadori. It was nice of the curse to let you do this, maybe it wasn't as smart as you thought.

Throwing your phone back into the crates, you lift your daggers in front of you, pouring your cursed energy into them. With a grunt, you throw them forward, grabbing two more from your belt and running at the curse yourself. It manages to dodge the two flying at it, but your approach was too fast to dodge. You sink the blades into both sides of its chest, dragging them down as fast as you could.

The curse squirms, mustering up energy. That doesn't look good.

Before you can retract your daggers and jump out of the way, it blasts you backwards with cursed energy, sending you flying into the ground. It was enough force to make you bounce multiple times. You feel a rib or two break, forcing blood out of your mouth.

"I'm not a rock for you to skip, asshole." You growl, forcing yourself onto your knees. You point at the curse, "And I'm going to kill you for making me lose all my daggers."

Oh, right, you lost all your daggers.

You know that you're a sight to see, bloodied, and sitting there with a look of dread. You're weaponless, on your knees, with a curse leaning over you.

It's smiling. So wide and horrible, you've never seen anything so horrendous. It grabs your neck, forcing you back so your head slams on the ground. It raises its fist, pouring energy into it before punching it down onto your face. Again and again. Over and over again.

If only Itadori could see you now. He always respected you, telling you that you're strong. Not now, definitely not now. But then again, you aren't giving him enough credit, he probably doesn't care as much as you think. That's why you fell in love with him, you just wish you knew why he loves you back.

You start losing consciousness. Blood smeared on your face and the curses fist. Despite being this close to dying, you smile. You smile because at least you finished your favorite show earlier that day.

Before completely budding out, you hear a distant crash, and multiple loud footsteps. It's interesting what your mind drags up right before death.

"Y/N!" You hear, and it sounds like Itadori. It sounds so real too, like it's right next to you.

Suddenly, the curse is blown to the side, finally releasing your neck, you don't move to see where it went, focusing all your energy on keeping your eyes open in the first place. It's blurry, but you can make out the ceiling of the warehouse. Your vision gets corroded with a new figure, it's Itadori. He's leaning over you, eyes drilled with concern. You stick out your tongue, scrunching your eyes up.

Laughing, he pulls your head into his lap, "Yeah, I'm sorry it took me so long. I was getting reinforcements." You look over to the direction where the curse flew, and see Gojo beating the living shit out of it. "I thought that if you couldn't handle it, I would probably need help too."

"What do you mean help, Yuji? You haven't done anything since we got here." Gojo sing-songs, landing the last blow on the curse. It dissolves, and with that Gojo makes his way over to you two. He leans over you as well, pouting, "I can't believe it got you this bad. Well, it happens!"

You go to say something but are interrupted with a camera flash. You cover your face, knowing very well that Gojo is trying to get blackmail on you. Itadori can tell as well, so he bends over you to protect you from the camera's view.

"Thank you for not dying." He says, smiling wide.

"Of course." you reply, "And, hey Gojo?"

He looks away from his phone, tilting his head to signal you to go on.

"You're buying me dinner."