Y. Itadori - Hope

When the movie ends, silence descends upon the room.

The blankets are heavy around your shoulders and sprawled across your lap, and there's a poignant gaze pinned to the side of your head. You try to focus your eyes onto the dying light of the TV to discourage the starer, but it does no such thing. You sigh.

"It... It wasn't- bad. Persay," You start uneasily, ignoring the indignant wail from beside you. A head falls onto your shoulder, muffled cries of disbelief dramatically being spoken out against your skin.

"How dare you! No, really, how dare you!" Itadori grabs your arm, shaking you. "That film is a masterpiece. A tale of love and action and deep seated regret."

"It felt like an offbrand Fast and Furious. The only "love" was the main character's relationship with her car. You'd think she'd fuck the damn thing if she could."

He lifts his head from your shoulder, looking at you solemnly. "There's no other choice. You have to be put down."

Your eyebrow twitches. "Oi! Stop being so dramatic. You didn't like the movie I showed you last time."

"Hm... But that movie was just really bad, wasn't it?"

"Don't be so blunt!"

He laughs. "Well! We can't always like the same things. Though if Toudou was here-"

"God, do not even mention Toudou right now," You shiver. "He'd beat me within an inch of my life if I spoke ill of anything he likes. And wow you guys talk about this movie as if it hung the stars."

"That's because it's good!" He says happily, kissing you on the cheek before bouncing to his feet. The blankets that were wrapped around him fly to the ground. "I'm gonna get more snacks, want anything in particular?"

"Jus' grab everything."

"Aye, aye," He gives you a two finger salute, running off in the direction of the kitchen with no care for the slippery wooden floors.

"What are we watching next?" You shout, just loud enough for him to hear, and lean forward to grab the remote.

"Uhm..." There's a rustle of chip bags, and soon enough Itadori is back in the living room, plunking arm fulls of bags and boxes onto the ottoman. He has a thoughtful look on his face as he rearranges the snacks, pondering your question.

"We could always revisit my movie from last week," You start, feigning disinterest and staring at your nails. "Maybe you'll appreciate it this time."

"Ugh, but it was so boring."

"Fitting for you."

"Rude." He mutters, staring at you with disbelief.

"You literally said you had to "put me down" like a minute ago-"

"Oh come on~ It was in good spirits!"

"My fist," You stand up, your blankets joining the ones already littering the floor. There's a gleam in your eye which Itadori gulps at. "Is also in good spirits."

You rush him, kicking the bankets roughly away from your ankles and lunging forward. He yelps, stumbling backwards with arms flailing. Once he catches his balance, he's off, dodging your grabbing hands and vaulting over the couch, a loud Tarzan yell leaving his mouth as he does so.

You decide to follow his steps, jumping over the couch as well and trailing right behind him as he sprints through the house. Every turn he takes is a deathwish because of the fuzzy socks he insists on wearing while watching movies, but they don't slow him down. Maybe a concussion would do him some good.