K. Nanami - Cold

(Real life AU)

You hurriedly walk into your apartment, rain following you from your back. After you get into the lobby, you let out a breath, shaking your arms to get some water off of them.

This felt like the longest day of your life. It was only 5 pm but it felt like you've been awake for days. You approach your apartment door, rubbing your temple.

"Kento, I'm home." You say, entering through the door and locking it behind you. When there's no response, you furrow your brows. He should be back by now.

"Kento?" You wander through the apartment, looking through all the rooms until you get to the bedroom. Peeking around the side if the door, you look at the body shaped figure under the covers.

You startle, walking up to the figure and seeing Nanami there, lying on his back. Obviously, he wasn't wearing his glasses, his blond eyelashes touching his cheeks. You wonder why he was in bed so early, he's not one for naps.

Before you shake him awake, you notice the tissues and ice pack by the bed.

Oh.

Wait, you've known him for years but this might've been the first time he's ever been sick. That you've seen at least.

You should probably let him rest. Stepping away to maybe go make him some tea or soup, you feel his hand on your wrist.

"Oh- You scared me." You say, placing your free hand on your chest and turning back to him.

He looked painfully sickly. His skin was paler, cheekbones more defined, and even heavier dark circles framing his eyes.

You frown, sitting down on the edge of the bed, "Were you here the whole day? Why didn't you tell me you were sick?"

"It's not that important. I didn't want you trying to get out of work just to stay with me anyway." Nanami's voice was rough. Raspy and cranky from disuse.

"Don't say that, and it would only be a day or two of missing."

He pointedly stares at you, so in defiance you move to stand up and walk away. The grip still lingering on your wrist keeps you in place however.

You turn your head to smirk at him, "I thought so."

Crawling into your side of the bed, you turn to face him, him following suit. You place your hand on his forehead, tisking when it's obscenely hot.

"Did you take any medicine?"

"Yes."

"Are you cold or hot or anything?"

"Cold."

"Do you want me to hold you?"

"I'm not letting you get sick."

You groan, "It's probably inevitable. C'mon, I've had a long day, let me have this."

You open your arms and wrap them around him, pulling him into your chest. He sighs into you and rests his head in the crook of your neck.

"Do you want something in particular for dinner? I'll make or buy whatever."

"Anything you make will be good."

You laugh, placing a hand on his head and running your palm through his hair. It was soft to the touch, the strands weaving through your fingers.

He was breathing deeply, the breath hitting your neck with every exhale. It's not like you guys never did this. Of course, you're close to eachother physically, but you're barely the one doing the holding. It felt nice to be able to do something for him.

"I didn't know you were such a sap." You tease.

"Be quiet."

"It would be interesting if this information got to Gojo."

He tightens his grip on you, "I sometimes question why I love you."

"Aw, I love you too."

He groans in annoyance, voice catching on the bumps in his throat. It sounded horrible.

"You stay here, I'm going to go make some tea."

He reluctantly lets you go, allowing you to stand up and walk to the kitchen. You get out the teapot and his favorite tea from the cabinet, getting everything prepared.

As the pot is heating up, you lean your elbow on the counter next to the stove, your chin resting in your palm. You felt bad that you didn't know he was sick all day. It wasn't your fault, but it sucked that he didn't tell you. He does seem way more quiet when he's sick, he probably didn't want you to see him like this.

You yawn and stretch, reaching your arms up as high as they could go. You're body was super sore from work.

Before you can rest your arms back down, you feel Nanami's arms wrap around your waist, hands splayed on your stomach. Tilting your head back, you gaze at him to see his tired features focused on your face.

"What is it?" You ask, facing back toward the pot and turning off the heat.

"I got cold."

Snickering at the childish reason, you quickly make the tea and pour it into a cup for him. He was still clinging to your back, facial expression blank.

If you were in public, people would probably think he was kidnapping you. Well at least his "no bullshit" face scared away the creeps.

Still holding onto the cup, you waddle your way back to the bedroom, trying to balance the weight behind you. He really wasn't making this easy was he.

After you maneuver him back in bed and put the tea on the nightstand, you sit on the bed leaning back onto the headboard. You tilt your head up.

"You're really clingy when your sick." You jump when you feel his head rest on your lap. "I'm guessing this is why you didn't want me to see you when you're sick hm."

He glares at you, making you snort and press your hand to his forehead.

"Good news though, your fever seems a bit lower." You rake your fingers back into the blond strands, massaging his temples with your thumb and pinkie. He closes his eyes, face relaxing.

"Thank you, Y/N." Nanami says quietly.

You know he's not that much of a touchy person. Much less someone to show submission like this. It felt good knowing that he was comfortable. His hair felt just as good under your hand.

"Rest up, Kento." You reply, "You're a hassle."

"Shut up."