Z. Maki - Hockey

(Real life college hockey AU. The title is very creative, I know.)

"Nobara, for the last time, I couldn't care less about your crush. Not to be a party pooper, except that's exactly what I am." You say loudly, leaning back in your desk chair and staring at the ceiling.

You and Kugisaki have been roomates for around a year now, and were friends for years prior. It was a shock to everyone that you still got along after being in close quarters for that long.

Kugisaki steps out of the bathroom, an eyelash curler pressed against her eye. "C'mon now, it's not like you're doing anything anyway. I need backup."

"I'm not in the hockey watching mood right now, especially not with you."

"What does that mean?"

You sigh, swiveling around to face her and pulling your feet up onto the seat. "You always yell into my ear. Always. The whole 60 minutes."

"It's exciting!" She argues, padding back into the bathroom so that you can only see her flailing arms. "Plus, there are some hot people there that I'm sure you'd like."

"What makes you think I want to find hot people-"

"Y/N, you know how picky I am. I wouldn't drag you to the rink if I thought the people there weren't worth it."

Standing up, you walk over to the bathroom and stand behind her in the mirror just so you can make eye contact while you glare. "You sound like a puck bunny, you know."

"Asshole. You know how much I love the sport."

"Yeah yeah, I do." You throw your hands up. "Fine, I'll go. Just buy me some food while we're there."

"Shit, you know how expensive that stuff is."

"Exactly."

Kugisaki throws a makeup brush at you, causing you to duck and jog away from the bathroom and to your closet. What you were wearing was appropriate for the game, but you'd probably get cold. You look through your hoodies, listening to Kugisaki's music play through the apartment.

"Okay!" The girl in question says, standing in the doorway of your room with her hands on her hips. "Are you ready?"

"Yeah, let me just grab my phone and shit." You reply, and soon enough you're walking out of the apartment and locking the door behind you.

You both decided just to go there by foot, the ice rink not being too far from your building. You were going to see the college team, and apparently the school was very spirit forward when it comes to hockey. That definitely means it'll be packed, which is just amazing.

"I've never liked a hockey player before." Kugisaki admits, tapping her chin and lengthening her strides down the sidewalk. You also start to walk faster.

"I feel like it'd be hard. Their sport is probably their first priority right now."

"True." She waves her hand around. "Plus they probably smell like shit."

"Oi- back up with the stereotypes. I won't disagree though."

"Actually, there's a girl on the team that I think you would really like." Kugisaki says, snapping her fingers and looking at you excitedly. "I've talked to her once, and she didn't smell like shit."

"Wow, she's my soulmate then." You say sarcastically.

It's not that you would be completely against the idea of a relationship, but whenever Kugisaki tries to step in and butt into the situation, it never comes out great. You love the girl, but she shouldn't be a wingwoman.