S. Gojo - Step In Time

(You are both in your second year)
(Gojo POV)

All Gojo wanted to do was get home from this god awful mission and see you. He wanted to secretly steal glances at you, bask in your smile, and resist the urge to grab your hand. It was all suddenly sounding so amazing, despite it hurting so bad while it was happening.

He didn't know how to tell you how much he adored your very presence. The way you walk, joke, laugh, cry. Everything made his heart ache with longing to hold you close to him.

That was all too sappy for him though.

"Yo, Satoru, are you good?" He looks up to see Geto, who was walking next to him.

"Yeah course', just thinking." Gojo replies, pushing up his sunglasses.

Geto smirks, "I'm going to take a wild guess and say that it's Y/N."

"Stop reading my mind. It's weird."

"It's easy, you're an open book."

"That doesn't make me feel better man." Gojo leans his head back toward the sky, his hands resting in his pockets, "I don't know how to get their attention."

"I really don't think that's the issue here."

"Why are you so mean?"

Geto laughs, elbowing him in the side. They were approaching the school now, and Gojo's heart was speeding up, thinking about what he should say when he sees you. All he wanted to do was make you laugh.

However, after searching the whole school, you were nowhere to be found. He even resorted to shouting your name for multiple minutes until he got yelled at.

'What a pain.' He thinks to himself, slunching his shoulders and walking out to the training field. What he decided was that he wouldn't go to his room until he saw you!

Speak of the devil. You were there on the training field, seemingly moving around pretty actively. He wondered what kind of workout you were doing.

The closer he gets, he starts hearing faint sounds of bass, which soon grows into the sound of music, the stuff that you usually play. That's when it clicks, you were dancing.

This was a new sight. Yes, you were usually light and playful, definitely not uptight, but he never saw you dance. Especially, he never thought you'd dance like this. It was definitely a type of hip-hop, but was more burlesque then expected.

He watched you quickly step around to the beat, jerking your arms around, using the core of your body to display your hands upon. Seeing your palms slide from your head to your thighs was doing things to him. Embarrassing.

He continues watching before the urge to join you is practically at his throat. Seeing you move like that was enough for anyone to want to join.

Not really thinking about how spooked you might be, he jumps in front of you, doing a really shitty wave with his arms.

Jolting out of your daze, you whip out your dagger and throw it at the new presense in shock, but Gojo just stops it with a smile. Infinity sure is helpful.

"C'mon Y/N~ You could've taken my head off. And right when I got back too." He looks at you over his glasses.

"Well don't sneak up on me like that. Why'd you even do that anyway?"

He does a little jig around you, horribly off beat and inconsistent, "Seeing you dance made me want to!"

"Seeing me- Hey, how long were you watching?" You looked genuinely scared for his answer, which confused him. He didn't understand why you were nervous about it, you were having fun it's nothing serious.

"About 10 minutes," Gojo replies, standing in front of you once again, "And there's no need to be embarrassed, you've known me for almost two years now."

"But-"

"No buts"

Sighing, you place your hands on your hips, "Fine okay I'll chill out, I'm teaching you how to dance though, you're shit at it."

Yes, the perfect opportunity to be close to you.

Taking your time, you first position his hands, hips, and legs the way you want them. Then, you slowly move through the beginning motions of what he assumed was an easy way to get on beat.

You get him to loosen up, and learn how to swing his arms and shoulders, instead of just forcing them around. You were a great teacher, he already felt like he improved a lot.

He was now able to hold the beat and move to the energy of all the songs playing. Looking up at you, he smiled widely, exuberantly thanking you.

"Ah, I decided to do it myself. I'm just so proud," You wipe a fake tear, "My young pupil is grown and ready to face the real world."

"Hey! Is this a slow song? Can we slow dance to it?"

"I mean yeah, it's meant to be slow danced to," You say, "But do you actually want to do that? It's harder then what I just taught you."

He nodded vigorously, stating that he's good at everything. Which is obviously true.

He hears you silently pray for your feet, which not going to lie, hurts. Who were you to judge him before you even tried-

He's already stepped on your toes 3 times. You said it was a record.

Again. Embarrassing.

You stumble around the grassy plain, the blades of grass coming up to tickle your ankles as the song slides on. The dancing itself wasn't perfect, but you here with your hand on his shoulder and other hand in his, was making it worth it.

Despite getting stepped on repetitively, you seemed to enjoy the time spent together too.

Even after the slow song ended, you two stayed encased in eathother, breathing the same air. It felt nice to move securely here, laughing with you while belting the lyrics to the music. Just seeing your smile, hearing your voice crack and waver with joy, was making everything in life worth it.

Gojo is finally ready to accept that he loves you. He won't know what to do with himself if he lets you slip out of his grasp. So that leads him to his next course of action.

As the song you were listening to closes, he swoops you down into a dip, making sure not to drop you. As you laugh at the dizzy feeling, he closes the distance, locking your lips with his. You make a shocked noise, and out of suprise he drops you. The dull thud making him jump.

You stare at eachother, your gaze blank while his was rapidly growing more fearful.

"Y/N, hear me out."

Before he can even explain, his legs get sweeped out from under him and he falls to the ground, you rolling up and pinning him down.

Clearly proud of your victory, you lean down and peck him on the lips, this time he's the one making a shocked noise.

"It takes two to tango, Gojo."