K. Nanami - Sunshine

(College AU, fuckers.)

Wind from the open window next to Nanami blew softly over his hands, which were typing diligently on the laptop in front of him. It was a bit cold, contrasting the sun that shone warmly on the side of his body. It felt nice, he just shivered here and there.

The blonde was cramming the outline for his essay, since he decided to procrastinate until last minute. Outlines have always been stupid anyway, they should just let one write it how one wants. But since that's not an option, he sat himself down at the one empty table in the library, and tried to block out the thoughts entering his mind.

Yeah right, like that's even possible.

Moving his hands away from the keyboard, Nanami looks out the window to gaze at the bustle of people making their way to all sorts of places. His school and its library are luckily in a safe area, so he can go out like this alone. That just means that he has no one to complain about the noise to. Seriously, this is meant to be a quiet place, isn't it?

He turns his head to the other side to gauge the types of students filling the tables. They all looked to be like him, stressed and filled with annoyance, but there were two tables filled to the brink with students who acted as if they needed to shout over eachother constantly.

It's fine if they wanted to do that, but at least leave first. He doesn't want to hear about the time one of them "fucked a dude in the back of a mini cooper for a bag of doritos", but apparently they find pride in addressing that loudly.

Sighing, he turns back to his screen, rubbing his temple with his pointer finger and shivering when another gust of wind comes through. At least the people outside are quiet, just the sound of footsteps ringing through the air.

Right before he begins typing again, a voice shouts from outside the window.

"Nanami? Is that you?"

He looks out the window and downward to see you standing there, a hand shielding the light from your eyes.

"How did you even see me?" He asks bewildered.

"You were sitting all illuminated by the light, of course I'm going to see that. Are there any seats next to you?"

"Yes, this is the only open table however."

"Cool, I'm coming in." You bid him a wave, turning and walking toward the enterance of the library.

He turns his attention back to his computer, realizing that it's probably a lost cause to be able to focus now. It's not like he disliked you, but you can't focus for shit. He wouldn't take you as the studying type.

He watches you with tired eyes as you approach his table, sitting across from him and putting your bag on the table.

"Whatcha working on?" You ask, setting your chin in your palm.

He takes a second to reply, just staring at your face with a slightly shocked expression.

"What...?" You say slowly, flattening your hand on your cheek. "Do I look like shit or something?"

Nanami blinks, looking to the side. "No it's not that, I apologize. I'm working on an essay outline."

"Sheesh, I hate those. Once I ate a bar of soap to make myself sick as an excuse to not write it."

"How would that work?"

"It didn't." You sigh, turning to the tables of rambunctious students and making a sour look.

He continues to look at you, and gets caught up in staring once again. He stalled last time because he's never seen you in the light like this. Usually he just sees you in the drab classroom, but this was something completely different. You looked as if you were shining, the rays dancing happily on your skin. It wasn't like him to admire people like this, but he doesn't ignore beauty when it slaps him in the face.