S. Geto - Consistency

You tiredly shift under the covers, the fabric from your shirt rubbing against the linen as you relax onto your back. There's a glare coming in from the cracks in the blinds, and you tighten your eyes stubbornly, nuzzling further down onto the mattress.

The base of your neck is tacky from sweating through the night, and when you notice the arm strewn across your stomach you realize the reason why: Geto is pressed up against you, lying on his stomach with one arm wrapped around you and face lying snug in the crease of your neck. His puffs of breath are warm, but not as warm as his skin. When he sleeps he becomes a sun. You swear on it.

You can't help but smile. It gets bigger when his arm twitches unconsciously, holding you tighter. The sticky feeling between your bodies doesn't mean much when he feels so good. Skin to skin, the fabric of your shirt pushed up to just under your chest so that he can closer feel the rise and fall of your stomach. Geto always says he loves the feeling of holding your bare waist or torso.

It was something that took you a while to get over, you used to avoid it altogether, the feelings of self consciousness always getting in the way. But through all the kisses, and all the gentle touches, it doesn't feel so catastrophic anymore. The heat is no longer an excuse to push his arm away.

In fact, he gives you rarely any time to think poorly about yourself in any way, physical or not. Even without saying anything he knows exactly what you need to hear. Knows what's been bringing you down. And, god, is he the man to go to for a confidence boost. If his eyes were lights you'd assume they're activated by just the sight of you.

You chuckle at the thought, releasing your free hand that was trapped at your side and moving to scratch the base of his head. His hair is soft under your finger tips, and you rake your hand up and down, enjoying the smooth feeling and sound of it being brushed. Playing with Geto's hair has to be one of the greatest wonders of the world. Whether that be because of how silky it is, or the little smile he gives you whenever you do it.

Geto shifts a little, his cheek pressing against your shoulder and a short groan leaving his lips. You instinctively remove your hand from his head, not wanting to further disrupt his sleep. He snorts, reaching up dazily and pulling your hand back down.

"I'll keep going then," you mumble, and the silence and stillness that greets you tells you he went right back to sleep. What a weirdo.

You can't help but to continue to reminisce as you stare at his peaceful face, his bangs falling over his eyes and dark lashes stark against his cheeks. You can't believe you bagged someone like him. It's not even in a "I don't deserve you" way, you just simply can't believe it. You didn't even know a man like him existed.

A man that remembers the little things. Who learned how to make origami flowers because you liked how they looked, and now they appear on your nightstand when he has to leave early some mornings. Who knows exactly how to wind you down after a long day. The exact snacks you like, what movies comfort you the most, and how warm you like the water for a bath.

A man that has loved you the same from beginning to now, and who's feelings get stronger instead of withering away. Who opens doors for you and asks about your day. Who always reassures you and never finds it a hassle. Who always prioritizes time with you, no matter how much of it you've been spending together.

You were so used to stuff like that changing as relationships progress. As normalcy sets in and they realize that they don't have to put in as much effort anymore. Geto never even had that thought cross his mind, you think. He simply just wants to be there, and does everything he can to make you happy. Because that's what he thinks you deserve, not because that's how he gets you to stay.

"I love you, Suguru," you whisper, still scratching his scalp and watching the deep rise and fall of his chest.

You thought he was completely knocked out, but to your surprise, he whispers back,

"I love you, Y/N."

(Short and entirely self indulgent because I'm single now and man relationships suck!)