Y. Junpei - Geese and Dogs

(This might be confusing in places, but I literally do not care enough to fix it. So get over it. Love you!)

You sort through your wallet, counting the bills absentmindedly as you walk to the movie theater further down the street. It seems you actually have enough to buy popcorn, knowing that shit really stacks up.

You're distracted from your task by a grunt to your left, and you see a group of highschool boys standing around something in front of a barbed fence. You tilt your head, spying another boy on the ground in front of them, black hair falling into his eyes as he stares at the ground.

Raising your eyebrow, you examine the group, their smiles and chuckles as the lone boy clenches his fists. You shove your wallet away, clearing your throat. A few of them turn to look.

"Hey, buds. What are we doing?" You say cheerily, folding your hands behind your head with a tilted smile.

"Why d'ya wanna know?" One answers, the tallest, but the thinnest. He seems to be the leader of this little gang.

"You're poluting half of the sidewalk, and that student isn't the only one annoyed by it," You answer, pointing to the teen on the ground. "You guys do understand what foot traffic is, I hope."

"The fuck does that mean? Priss," He says with a scoff, stepping closer to you. A few of his goons follow suit.

You let one of your hands drop, scratching the back of your neck with the other, "Damn, I guess you don't understand. Maybe use those books to read instead of using them as, what, weapons? To hit this guy with? Just get a bat at this point. Easy peasy."

"Not a bad idea. Smarter than you look."

"You're not."

He scowls, reaching up to hit you, but you grab his fist, looking at him with a small smile before kneeing him in the crotch, watching him crumble with his hands pressed over the offended area. You clap once, looking around you to see the others.

"Alright, guys. Wanna give those books another try?" You ask.

"Just leave it. Piece of shit," The guy you kneed mutters, standing shakily to his feet and motioning his guys to follow as he walks away. You watch, smile dropping once they're out of view.

You roll your eyes, stepping up to the boy still on the ground and crouching down to his height.

"Hey man, do you like movies?" Is all you say, watching his head lift and eyes meeting yours. He looks worried, but oddly resigned. Then he nods.

"Cool," You sniff. "I'm on my way to one right now, if you wanna join. It's kind of trashy, but I've been looking forward to the sequel for a long time."

"Is it... The one with the goose that eats the dog and creates a mutant human eating creature?" He asks, his voice low and tentative. A direct contrast to the words he's actually speaking.

"That's the one. Don't know how they're making a sequel, but I'm excited to find out."

"I've actually been wanting to see it, I don't know anyone else who has seen the first one."

He looks happy as he speaks, and you feel a sense of accomplishment at the passing smile on his lips. He didn't even seem an ounce off put by your random offer. Nevertheless, you push the trust he's giving you to the back of your head, standing up and offering your hand to him.

"Great. Let's go see some dog eating geese," You smirk, pulling him up after he grasps your hand. It's cold, and when you glance at it you can see callouses in the ridges of his fingers, a few dirty scratches on his palm.