K. Nanami - Thank You

Blinking your eyes open lazily, you gaze at the ceiling. The sunlight was pouring in through the cracks in the blinds, casting pillars of light across the ceiling and walls. You take in a breath, stretching your arms and plopping them down onto the bed beneath you.

When you look to the side, you see Nanami still sleeping soundly next to you, hand on your stomach and face half smushed into the pillow. Usually he wakes up before you, but he's been working a lot lately.

You place a hand on top of his, resting the other one in his hair and playing with the messy strands. His usual 7:3 part was messed up, the blonde locks falling softly onto his forehead instead. It's sad that you don't see this sight as much as you would like.

After basking in your morning laziness, you slowly remove his hand from your stomach. Bending down to kiss his cheek, you finally pull yourself out of bed. You stabilize yourself, reaching down and grabbing one of his shirts from the floor. It should be pretty clean.

You shuck it on, beginning to walk away from the bed. However, before you can even take a step, a hand is pulling on the hem of the shirt. You look behind you to see Nanami's tired eyes staring at you.

"Where are you going." He asks, voice deep and cracking with sleep. His hand tightens in the fabric.

"I'm going to go make breakfast. Wait here."

"Don't leave. Come back to bed."

"You're suprisingly clingy in the morning." You laugh, sitting on the edge of the bed and running your fingers down his cheekbone.

He turns his head in your hand, kissing your knuckles and rubbing his face into you like a cat. You let him, watching with a smile as he tries to keep his eyes open.

Pulling away again, you stand up, detaching his hand from your shirt. "I'll be fast. Just stay here, I'll bring you food."

"You're perfect." He mumbles, rolling onto his stomach and folding his arms under his head. His arm muscles crease, and you can admire the way his back stretches in the dim light.

"Yeah right, like you're not." You walk out of the bedroom, clicking the door shut quietly behind you.

Nanami always does so much for you. He's always kind, patient (albiet a little blunt), and never makes you feel unwanted. All he does, he does for you, and sometimes you hope to relay some of that selflessness back to him. It's in little ways, but you try.

On days like these, where he's tuckered out and sleepy, you show your love through making him breakfast. Yeah it's not a lot, but he loves food so you know he appreciates it. You'd do anything to make him content.

Opening the curtains in the living room, you let the light filter in, and crack the door leading out to the balcony. It was warm today, a nice breeze ruffling the curtains and hitting your legs.

You wander to the kitchen, shuffling some music and getting to work. You have Nanami's favorite breakfast down pat, and luckily you like the same things. Standing up to the counter, you begin mixing the ingredients from memory. You're happy you can remember how to do this.

As you combine ingredients, you fail to notice footsteps approaching you, and you only realize there's another presence when arms wrap around your waist. You try not to jump, relaxing when Nanami sets his chin on your shoulder.

"I told you to stay in bed." You say, flicking his forehead softly.

"It was too cold without you."

"I'll go back to bed with you after we eat."

He hums, turning his face in and pressing a kiss to your neck. He starts swaying you back and forth to the music, watching as you cook.