James the Jerk

James didn't know what to think. STH did say he was getting a new engine, he just never expected them to be a tank engine. He also didn't expect a human to be tagging along. Nevertheless, he decided to give the poor girl a scare.

   Maddy wasn't looking at James, she was glaring at Thomas, who was just smiling like the cheeky little bastard he was. She was going to make him pay, big time, but just as she was about to say something, she heard a strange whistle, and the sound of crunching gravel. She didn't dare look toward the noise, but she was prepared to throw some hands.

"Uhm..I'd look, if I were you." Thomas spoke. "Like..right now."

"Fuck you, you cheeky shit." Maddy hissed.

"He said look." called a voice. It sounded like James, but he was much, much closer to her than she even thought possible. Reluctantly, she looked, and was greeted with quite the sight.

   Standing a couple feet from her was a man who had at least a foot on her, and a grey complexion. His black hair was quite long, with part of it covering his eye. He wore a crimson tie with a white shirt, with a black vest on top of it. His pants were no different, being the same shade of black as his vest. Maddy only knew who it was thanks to those eyes she was so fond of.

"You- But- H u h-" she spluttered. James just smirked, towering over her. He found this amusing, and planned on continuing, but he decided to quit being a jerk for once, holding out his hand.

"So, Thomas, who's your little friend here? Sir Topham Hatt never said a name." he asked. He pondered to himself what STH would want with something so tiny, and human at that.

"Her? Her name is Maddy." Thomas said. "Please be nice to her, her punches hurt."

   Maddy just rolled her eyes, shaking his hand reluctantly. She wouldn't admit it, but his hands were very soft.

"Well, pleased to make your acquaintance, Maddy." James crooned.

"Piss off." she said. "You haven't made a good impression at all."

   James just scoffed. "Well, if you don't like me, then you really won't like Gordon."

"Well whoever he is probably isn't as much of a dick as you are."

"Aren't you a little young to be using that kind of language?" snapped James.

"How old do you think I am, bozo?" she snapped right back.

"By the looks and sound of it, 14."

   James didn't get the chance to laugh, as he was knocked upside the head. He felt his temper rise up.

"For your information, ego-on-wheels, I'm 21, so you can't tell me what I can and can't say."

"I think you two will make great friends!" Thomas butted in, puffing in between them. "So please don't kill each other on the first day."

"But she-" James stomped his foot, pouting. He didn't get the chance to say anything else before they all heard another engine puff in.

"Little James, are you harassing the new engine?" called a deep voice.