Scotch Tape

"Hello, Scott," Gordon grumbled. "It's about time you showed up."

   Maddy slowly regained consciousness, quickly hiding behind James.

"Shy much, Honey Bee?"

"Shut up-"

"Don't think I didn't see you, young one. Come on out. "

"No." she huffed. In the back of her mind, she couldn't help but wonder why he sounded so familiar.

"James, mind doing an old friend a favor?"

"Jam Jam if you touch me you're sleeping in your own bed."

"Sorry, Scott. No can do. She won't move and I won't either."

"Hmm.." Scotsman hummed. "James is this the 'girlfriend' you've spoken about for the last couple of years..? That you've babbled on and on about..?"

"That's a strong possibility. Come on Maddy, Scotsman doesn't bite. I think."

"..Mad..dy?" he questioned, cocking his brow. The name sounded familiar to him. Though, it meant nothing if he didn't have a face to go off of.

"Ugh...fiiiiiine.." she groaned, stepping out from behind her beloved Jam Jam.

    Scotsman and Maddy finally got a good look at each other. Both were extremely puzzled. One was familiar to the other and vice versa.

"Have we met?"

"I don't believe so, young lady.."

"Are you sure? I swear I've met you before.." she frowned, looking at all of Scotsman's features. Only then did it dawn on her. She recognized those eyebrows.

"..Hey..did you...happen to play tug-of-war with someone..?"

   Scotsman's eyes widened as soon as he heard 'tug-of-war' come out of her mouth. This had to be a terrible coincidence, right? He did play with someone a very long time ago.

"..You're that girl.." he muttered.

"What was that, brother?"

"I've met this girl before! Almost a decade ago!"

"WHAT?!" everyone exclaimed. There was no way Scott and Maddy knew each other. Scott was far too famous! Well, so was she, but for very different and terrible reasons.

"Yes...I remember now! I was called upon by some company to help with an experiment involving some new advancements the humans had made. It was her! I remember that face..you looked so angry and hopeless..."

"Because I was angry and hopeless.." she muttered, walking toward him. "I was stuck there since I was seven and only got out when I was twenty-one...I'm twenty-five now...I think...I don't remember..."

"You poor thing...that had to be illegal."

"It was, sir.." Maddy sighed. "It hurt..a lot. I wasn't treated too kindly there.."

"I don't believe it..." one of her friends muttered. It sounded like Thomas.

"Well..hmm..all the sad stuff aside.." Scotsman puffed, "It's a pleasure to finally get to properly meet you, Maddy."

"..Thanks.." she whispered, walking back to James. He had a giant frown on his face, confused that they've met before, and angry that Maddy had to spend so long in that wretched place, even if he already knew about it. He'd have to ask her about it tonight.

"So...Maddy! How is it working on the island?" Scott piped up, trying to lighten the mood and start a conversation. It was still Christmas after all.