Splendidly Split

The phone that was in James' hand the moment she started giggling was in pieces. Small shards of metal and glass were embedded in his hand, and pieces of the device fell on the floor. The NWR's 5 was exponentially getting more furious by the second. The amount of white-hot rage he felt was through the roof. Nothing the other engines felt could compare to what James felt. To the very core of his soul, it was nothing but the rage of several million suns. Even Mavis, who witnessed the event, while angry, was still far, far behind the mixed traffic engine.

"You.." he seethed, hefty amounts of steam spewing out of his nose. "You killed him?"

"I didn't say that." she hummed.

"Oh, Maddy.." she heard Edward say in the most disappointed tone she's ever heard. But she didn't exactly care. The smile on her face was unwavering. Psychotic. Downright awful.

"WHAT DID YOU DO!?" James roared, grabbing what he thought was his loving wife by the collar of her hoodie. "WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU DO!?"

"Don't shake her, James!" Henry cried out. "Be careful..!"

"Do NOT tell me what to do with a MURDERER, HENRY." James growled, turning his attention back to his wife, who had really, really gone off the deep end this time. "WHAT. DID. YOU. DO."

"Percy said I cut his brakes."

"DID YOU?!"

"Maybe."

   James angrily just cried out. Even with the pains he knew she was feeling in her heart, her face did not waver. Actually, she just started giggling. Empty, psychopathic giggling. She wasn't sorry, there wasn't any remorse in her eyes.

"YOU FUCKING MONSTER!"

"Well, I told him to watch his back.." she giggled. "And he didn't..."

"I did NOT agree to marry a MONSTER...you..you!!"

   The red-clad man couldn't properly formulate any words that make sense. His face got redder and spat out more steam by the second. Her giggling, her rampant, crazy giggling just made it so much worse. So much, in fact, he took both his wedding and promise ring off his finger and threw them at her, clocking her straight in the forehead.

"Ow.."

"Monster...MONSTER!"

   All around her, her friends began to chant 'monster'. They were surrounding her, and Lady only knew what they'd do to her. Saying awful things to her, calling her a murderer, and yet, her expression didn't fall.

"What do you have to say for yourself!?" she heard Gordon snap at her.

   She closed her eyes, thinking for a moment. Humming and swinging her feet, she opened her eyes back up, the smile on her face only getting wider.

"I̵̘̎ ̵̖͚͠d̸̞͈̾i̴̖͇̽d̵̠̩͆́ ̶͕̏ͅw̵̰̬̆h̵̘͗a̵̧͉̋̓t̴͇̪̀̂ ̴̨̉Ī̵̞ ̷̖̭̐h̷̙͕́͆a̸͈̩͆̈́d̶̪͎͊̃ ̶̛͖͐t̶̙̫͑͛o̷͉͚̓ ̶͎̬͐͝d̶̛͈o̷͇͑̂ ̶̰̏t̴̘͆̇ͅö̷̤́ ̷͔͑p̷̜̼̂ŗ̸̎̒o̵͖͉͂͒t̶͈͛ē̶̳̎c̷̱̫̈́t̶̝̖̆ ̶̗̰͛̉m̸͕̃y̵͈̽̅ ̷̙̈̈́h̸̼͋̑o̷͒̎͜ṡ̸͚̼̑ţ̷̢̂.̴͇̓̾"

"ARE YOU TWO IN KAHOOTS WITH EACH OTHER!?"

"No, Emily. I'm tired, so very, very tired. Being left for dead sent me over. How much did you think I could take? Over and over and over again, being put in danger for doing nothing at all...did you just think I'd stand by and just take it..?"

"YOU KILLED MY BOYFRIEND! MY CHILD'S FATHER!"

"I still said that my intent wasn't to kill him, but, oh well. Like I said. Left me for dead."