Steam Team Detectives

James was right by Maddy's side. Even when the doctors told him to leave, he refused to listen. But what he did learn is that she had a broken right humerus, required multiple stitches all across her body, and dust in her lungs, supposedly from inhaling right after the explosion. Good Lady, the girl couldn't catch a break whatsoever. He knew that she wouldn't stop working, this place was her home and she was damn well staying put where she was. She'd just have to be more careful, something he knew she would never take into consideration. Maybe he'd have to duct tape her to his front, just so she wouldn't get into any trouble. No no..he couldn't do that, that's too low, even for him. There had to be a way to convince her to take lighter jobs for a while.

"..We'll find out who did this.."

"..Promise?" she whispered. "Promise I'll have revenge..?"

"I promise.."

   He moved a strand of hair out of her face. She really needed a haircut, it was getting too long.

"How's your arm?"

"..Broken."

   James rolled his eyes.

"Besides that."

"I can't move it."

"Maddy-"

  Maddy giggled softly. At least she was trying to be lighthearted about the situation.

"Answer me seriously."

"It's..fine, I guess..other than, y'know, being in a cast."

"At least you're okay, Honey Bee.."

"It hurts to move, James."

"Then sleep.."

   She thought about it for a moment, then scooted her butt over. James was confused by her actions.

"What..are you going."

"..Do you want to lay or not?"

  James took no time in filling in the spot next to her. Finally, she let him cuddle. It felt amazing, to be honest. Of course, the bed wasn't the comfiest, but what do you expect out of a hospital bed?

"You're so-"

"You call me tiny one more time.."

"Okay..okay." he chuckled, holding her close. "Now sleep, Honey Bee..I'll be here when you wake up..maybe."

"So reassuring.."

   James just flicked her head as the two took a nice long nap together.

"Duck, you look like you're about to pop a piston." Thomas pointed out. He was chilling in a siding, waiting for Duck to move out of the way.

"Didn't you hear what happened, Thomas?" the Great Westerner questioned. "At the coast?"

"I heard an explosion..but I thought they were just clearing out rocks for their project!"

"Oh..Thomas.."

"What, Duck? What is it?" the little engine worried.

"..Someone oiled your friend's wheels and caused an accident.."