Oldie but Goldie

[This plot was brought to you in part by Nathan the Saddle Tank Engine! Go check him out...riiiiight here!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3FW59LY_DwsES4d2E7wHuQ

Enjoy!]

"James, can you remind me why I have to sit here with you?" she hummed, kicking her feet.

"Because your leg isn't quite better yet. Don't you care?"

"The cut healed! It's just the bruise, fire hydrant!" Maddy pouted, rolling up her legging. Technically, she was right. All that remained was a nasty yellow/green bruise.

"...I'm still not letting you out of my sight."

"Oh, what are you going to do? Duct tape me?" she rolled her eyes, leaning back against his wheel well. "You can certainly try, but you know I'll bite you."

"..."

  James simply huffed and looked away.

"Where are we even going?"

"Well, I need to stop at Ffarquhar. Toby needs to pass by."

"...Who???" she looked at him, thoroughly confused.

"Toby! Haven't you met him? He's been around forever. You're kidding, right? He's a tram engine! He sticks out like a sore thumb!"

   Maddy's brow furrowed, as she legitimately had no idea who James was talking about. Who the hell was Toby? What the hell was a tram?

"Hellooo...Maddy, you keep that face much longer, it'll stick like that," he said, glancing back over at her. "Oi!"

"Hm?"

"Do we have a signal?"

"Yeah...yeah...I'm here. I still don't know who Toby is."

   James heaved a heavy sigh. All this time on the island and she had managed to not run into Toby. Though, the more he thought about it, the more he understood why they'd never met. Toby usually took passengers in his little coach, Henrietta, which did not mix well with Maddy's adamancy to stay away from other people. 

"I'm gonna dump you off with him."

"What?!" she hissed. "Well, what if I don't want to be dumped off?"

"Then that's too bad. Hey, if you go with him for the day, I'll watch that movie with you. Finding Nemo, was it?"

"Hmm.." Maddy pondered, taking the suggestion seriously.

"I'll have my driver pick out a chocolate cake for youuuu."

"James- What-"

"Shut up, Connor, help me out here."

"Fine. But make it double chocolate."

"You heard the lady, Connor!"

   Connor face-palmed. Oh, the things he did for the wild kids.

   While they were waiting at Ffarquhar, the two were greeted by the sound of a bell. By elimination, Maddy assumed it to be the Toby character.

"Oh, hello James. Sorry, Sorry, I'll be on my way. Forgive me for keeping you waiting."

"Toby! It's no problem. Actually, do you have a minute?" James grinned. Maddy knew that look on his face and she didn't like it very much.

"Uhm..well, Mavis is expecting these cars soon...but...I think I have a few minutes to spare. Why? What is it?"