Truck Talk

After that day, Henry felt as though something was off about his daughter. She was never one to say things like that. Or, at the very least, say it as ominously as she did. It worried him. He worried that there was something going on in her head that she wasn't talking about.

"Eddie.." he approached his partner. "I'm worried.."

"Worried about what..?" he hummed, folding a pile of clothes. "What's going on now..?"

"Something's just...wrong.." Henry replied, taking a seat next to Edward. "Maddy's starting to worry me..more than she already does.."

"Well.." Edward pondered, folding one of her shirts. "Have you tried asking her about what's going on..?"

"I can't..she's been very....very..uhm..what's the word.."

"Avoidant?"

"Close enough."

"That is strange..hm.."

"I'm worried, Eddie..we need to tell her what happened.."

"We're all trying, Henny..she won't listen.."

"So what do we do..?"

"I don't..know what we can do..I'm stumped.." Edward sighed, setting down the laundry he was folding. "I'm sorry..hm?"

"What is that..?"

   The two quieted down. Emily was passing by with a train, but the trucks were their normal selves, though they were singing a tune they hadn't heard before.

"Nathan has no use at all, thinks he's very cleeeever. Says that he can manage us, but he's the best joke eveeeeer."

"Where did they learn that..? What..?"

"Think it's Diesel?"

"Might be.."

"When he orders us about, a kickin' screamin' Maaaaaddy..will soon send him off-da raaaaaaaaaaaails.."

"There's no way she taught them that...right?"

"SPLAT goes ol' Nathaaaaaan.."

"Will you shut up back there?!" Emily shouted. "You've been singing that wretched thing nonstop!"

"Never! Never! Again boys! From the top! Nathan h-"

"This is...a bigger problem than I thought..if she really taught the trucks this tune.." Henry whimpered.

"Someone's gotta talk to her.."

"But how, Henny..? Every time we talk about it, she ignores the topic...or just walks away.."

"Well, we need to do something before she hurts herself!"

"She's not going to hurt herself..."

"Maybe not, but Edward..I'm afraid that she's gone over the edge.."

"What?"

"I think she's gone insane..this entire predicament. Nate's failed plan...being hurt and kidnapped right out of her own shower..she..what does she have to lose..?"