Alone Together

After the hilarity Maddy had ensued last night, everyone was exhausted from laughing so much. The moon was already high in the air as everyone got cozy in their sheds, or in bed. Though, all but one went to sleep right away. Thomas, who had a scheme brewing, snuck over to Maddy's bed. She and James were sound asleep and Thomas could only smile at her small figure curled into James. He couldn't reminisce in their happiness forever, or he'd be caught.

"Where are they.." he whispered to himself. 

   It was easy enough to find James' phone. He just kept it on the desk next to her bed. Turning it on, he frowned when he noticed it had a password on it. Now, what would James have as his password? Rolling his eyes after a bit of thinking, he typed in Maddy's birthday. What a surprise, it worked. What a sap. Either way, he found James' alarm and shut it off. One down, one to go.

   Thomas soon found out where she kept her phone, simply by following her charge cord. Well hell, she kept it under her pillow. He hadn't the slightest idea of how heavy a sleeper she was, but now was the unfortunate time to find out.

"Just..stay over there.." he murmured, carefully reaching under her pillow. When she shifted, Thomas stopped moving. After what felt like forever, he had obtained it.

   How strange, her phone didn't have a password. Good for him, bad for her. Thomas just turned off her alarm, put the phone back, and went back to bed. 

   Early that morning, Thomas made sure his friends stayed quiet, which confused them all.

"Thomas..." Edward yawned, "Why must we be quiet..?"

"Because..! You can't wake them up..!"

"Who..are you talking about?" Gordon frowned.

"The lovebirds!"

   As soon as Thomas uttered 'lovebirds', it clicked to them who exactly Thomas was talking about.

"This isn't some elaborate prank, is it?" Emily spoke, glancing back at their spot in the sheds.

"No..! I just..thought we'd give them a treat."

   Everyone's brow raised simultaneously, even Percy's. This HAD to be some prank. Thomas never intentionally did anything good for them, just relentless teasing.

"Thomas..." Henry glared at the little engine, "What are you planning..?"

"To keep them both off the tracks? I know you'd all like a break from having James off the tracks..plus, they get a day together!"

"How on earth are you going to convince the controller the let them both have a day off?"

"I have my ways, Edward.." the blue engine smirked. Now they were all worried. 

   Later on, way past the time they should've been up, James awoke to the sheds empty and quiet. Where did everyone go? What TIME was it? The sun was higher in the sky than it was when they were supposed to wake up. Groggily grabbing his phone, he immediately noticed it was 9:30. 

"SHIT!"

   His terror gave Maddy a fright, who jumped and fell onto the cold floor below.

"What? What!? What's going on!?"