A Test of Patience

Maddy was enjoying her solitude, as she had sent Nathan to the works, which put him out of commission for the day, as well as accidently inconveniencing her friends because she totaled the turntable, something James had to tell the controller as soon as he saw him. Somehow, someway, Maddy didn't lose her job, but she was reprimanded for damaging Nathan, the turntable, and the sheds, which she profusely apologized for, despite not having any control the entire time it happened.

"I need..someone to talk to." she pouted. Normally, at a time like this, she would end up tagging along with James, but she woke up too late, and she was already alone, and she knew better than to try and call him to come pick her up. "Mmmmmmmmm-"

Brrrring Brrrrring!

"My prayers have been answered!" she gasped, fumbling for her phone, only to realize it was Belle Couture. "Maaaan..Hello?"

"Mademoiselle?" Olivine's voice answered. "Are you currently free?"

"Yeah..? I'm stuck at home, what's up?"

"We have someone here who would like to help you get ready. Professionally, that is."

"What else do you people want from me-"

"To better your posture! More...lady-like?"  

"Pass-"

"We just want to help you improve your chances of winning with your petit ami! Who knows..maybe he will catch you in it while you two are practicing!"

"Who the hell is helping me? You? Juliette? The other lady..?"

"No..no no.." Olivine giggled. "We have a diesel railcar that likes to help us out from time to time..her name is Daisy."

"I- Well-" she stumbled, thinking about the consequences this choice could have. "Fine. I'll stop by, but only because I need something to do."

"Merveilleuse!" she clapped. "We will see you soon, come by to put on your dress! Daisy will be here to pick you up shortly after that!"

"..Yeah, sure. Bye-Bye" Maddy sighed, hanging up. "Lady, give me strength.."

   Maddy quickly slipped on her skates, making a beeline straight for Knapford station.

   Maddy made it there in no time, waving at Papa Hen, who was currently stopped there to let off some passengers.

"Maddy..! What brings you here, Little Sapling??"

"Have to put on my outfit..some gal named Daisy is going to teach me to be 'lady-like' and 'proper'."

"Daisy, hm.." Henry hummed. "I wish you luck, dear."

"Wish me- What- Why-"

"You'll see..be off now. I'm sure they're waiting for you."

"Henry, WHAT-" Maddy stammered as she went into the designers anyway. "What the FUCK does that MEAN-"

"How quick!" Juliette gasped. "Welcome, Mady!"

"Yeah- Hi. Where's my stuff?"

"Your things are in the dressing room. Hurry now, I still must put on your makeup!"

"I'm only practicing!" she hissed as she made her way back to the dressing room. "Why do I need the whole shebang?" 

"Ms. Daisy requires everything in order to provide you the highest quality lessons!"