Constructive Criticism

Thomas was sound asleep the morning after the race he had with Bertie, Maddy and James. Or, he was supposed to be, until he was awoken by loud shouting. Grumbling from being woken up from his beauty sleep, the blue-haired man sat up and rubbed his eyes. He noticed that everyone else was awake, with looks of concern on their faces, with those who were in bed being woken up just like Thomas was. It wasn't until he turned his head the other direction did he meet the source of the yelling. James and Maddy were in each other's faces, yelling about who knew what. Thomas got out of his bed and whispered to Edward, who was sitting up, watching the fight unfold.

"Psst..Edward." he started, "What the heck is going on?"

"I wish I knew...did you just wake up?"

"Yeah."

"As did I. They just started...yelling."

"Hm." he frowned, turning back to look at the duo.

"Who are you to tell me what to do!?" Maddy shouted. "Who the fuck told you you could dictate whether or not I'm allowed on the rails!?"

"Would you calm down!? You know it's not safe anymore! I'm so bloody tired of seeing you get hurt! If I let you go out, what might happen!? You could-"

"You dense wad of expired coal! This is my JOB. I need this to survive! I knew the dangers when I agreed to this! You can't just tell me I can't do my job! How the hell will I support myself if I don't get paid!?"

"I'd find a way!"

"You were BUILT do to this. I wasn't! YOU don't get paid, because you have no reason to be! I do, because I'm a PERSON, not a sentient train!"

"But you-"

"But NOTHING." she snapped, hot tears beginning to form in her eyes. "I am my own person, and YOU do not have ANY authority to tell me what to do. You are not my BOSS. If the fat man says I should lay off what I do, then FINE. But Y O U, you stuck up sausage, don't get to boss me around like you own me. DO. YOU. UNDERSTAND!?"

James stared her down, and he could've sworn he saw her eyes flash that blinding yellow he's seen twice before. Though, in this current moment, it didn't phase him.

"There's something wrong with you and you know it. The magic in your body is unstable. You nor I know what it's doing but it sure as hell is affecting how you function! It. Isn't. SAFE."

"And you're so fucking safe, Mr. Wooden Brakes!? Besides that death machine diesel, I'm pretty sure YOU'RE a major reason I get hurt!"

"You-"

"ZIP IT!" she growled, poking him in the chest. "You are so stuck up your own ass that you can NEVER realize how your words and actions affect ME. Your FRIENDS. Quit being so over protective of me! I'm not doing to crumble apart!"

"I just don't want you hurt anymore! You realize how much it pains me seeing you injured and there's nothing I can do about it!?"

"Deal with it. If there is nothing you can do about, then don't let it consume you. If you know I'll be okay, then maybe don't be hovering over me like I'm made of glass."

With that, she curtly turned away and quickly slipped on her skates, gliding out of Gordon's berth.

"Where the hell are you going!?" he snapped, running up and catching her by the shoulder.

"Away."

"Maddy!"

"Let go of me, James."

"But-"

"Let her go, James.." Edward sighed. "Enough arguing...I need to have a talk with you."

"Edward, she-"