Phone

After getting properly washed up, the duo made their way to the sheds, tired after chasing/being chased around the island. Maddy was still rather flustered that James carried her the whole way, but a part of her was ecstatic. He was nice and warm to the touch, she nearly fell asleep while being carried! But she forced herself to stay awake, for fear of what he would do to her.

 "G'night, James.." she yawned.

"..Night."

"Goodnight, dear.." hummed Edward.

"Night, Dad.."

  Edward squeaked. He still had to get used to that.

  But with that, everyone went to sleep.

   The next morning, everyone was waking up, basking in the warmth of their fireboxes as it warmed up their boilers. Not Maddy, she was still very, very asleep. She was snoring, and beginning to annoy Gordon.

"Will someone wake her up? It's almost time to work." he grumbled.

"Oh, let the girl sleep. She has an alarm that will wake her up." hummed Edward.

"It goes off at around 7:00, Edward. Driver, what time is it?"

"7:30." answered James' driver.

"One, why do you know that-" asked Thomas.

"None of your business, Thomas."

"Well then go wake her up. She'll be late!"

   James just grumbled, and tip toed over to her bed. Truth be told, he's never seen her sleep. No one has, because there was never a need to check on her. Her phone lay at her side, no alarm in sight. He pressed what he assumed turned it on, and was greeted by his own face as a background. When on earth did she take that and HOW did he not notice. Either way, it frightened him. No matter, gotta wake her up.

"Maaaaddy.." he whispered, shaking her shoulder. "It's time to get up.."

   He got a groan in return.

"Come on, It's 7:30."

"7..huh..OH-"

  Once Maddy was made aware of her surroundings, she jumped, falling out of bed. No time to be injured, she had to get moving! Don't brush your hair, just get your outfit and skates on! James was no help, he just watched her struggle about.

"That's the LAST time I hit snooze..!" she cried out, trying to slip on her hoodie.

"You poor thing.."

"Shut the fuck up, fire hydrant."

   She finally got her skates on, and poked out of one of the shed doors, ready to start the day, albeit a bit frazzled.

"Good morning, dear.." chirped Edward.

"Don't you look...lovely."

"Thomas, I will bend your wheels backward."