A Moment, Please

Maddy decided it was best to avoid Thomas and Percy for the time being. They had become the ultimate duo, instant best friends. That would not. Stop. Pestering her. Everyday the two would question her about James. She would usually never directly answer or say nothing at all, much to their dismay. There had to be a way to get her to crack.

"I cannot believe you two little engines would be so concerned with her love life." muttered Gordon.

"Oh come on, Gordon, you're curious too! You see how much she hangs out with him, how she acts!"

"She acts rather nasty around him though.." Henry inputted.

"They act nasty around each other, Henry."

"There's so much proof that she feels something! It's ridiculous!"

"Oh just leave her alone, you two.." Edward said. "If she really does feel anything, she'll tell him."

"What are you, Edward? Her dad?"

   Just the thought of being a father nearly short-circuited the old engine. Of course, he always comforted her and gave her advice whenever she was having a bad day, but that's what friends do, right?

"..No? Maybe..?"

"You call her dear and sweetie and give her old man advice, it's totally a yes." Thomas giggled. "Old Edward's a dad!"

"I do that with everyone..!"

"No, you don't!"

"..Congratulations, Edward." Henry chimed in.

  The big blue fuss pot just rolled his eyes.

"Now anyway," interrupted Percy, "we all know you big engines are as curious as we are. So, help us? Please?"

"..I guess a little couldn't hurt.."

   The two little engines beamed. Now to gather evidence and come up with a plan to learn the truth.

   Meanwhile, the Red Disasters were hard at work. Or, they should've been. They were hauling something James hated so much he plain wouldn't do it. Garbage cars.

"Come on you bastard! We're gonna be late!"

"No! Absolutely not! They'll stink up my paintwork! I'll make a fool out of myself!"

"You can get a bath later, now heave!"

"I'm staying put!"

"James the Vain Disaster I swear to GOD-"

"What did you call me?!"

"You heard me!"

    Maddy got a face full of steam wheeshed at her. She was now soaked.

"You bitch..!" she hissed, while he laughed his tender off.

   She wrung out her hair as much as she could, and went back toward the trucks.

"What are you doing?"

   Nothing.

"Mad-"

   A face full of garbage. Maddy had grabbed a pile of trash from a car, and chucked it straight at him. He coughed and spat everything away. James was now furious.