Girl's Night

Roughly a week later, Maddy was hanging out with Emily for a change, finally telling her that they'd chosen a venue and a date for their wedding.

"Get on with it, girl!" she laughed. "When and where's this special day being held!?"

"Calm down, Em!" Maddy giggled. "You're going to piss off the trucks you're shunting."

"Tell meeee!"

"We've decided on Crovan's Gate on May 15th."

"Oooh..how cute! Means the Narrow Gauge will be there..!" Emily squealed. "Anything else? Maid of Honor, perhaaaaaps?"

"Hmm..no.." she swung her feet. "Haven't decided yet.."

"I know that voice! Tell me the truth."

"I think you know the truth, Em."

"It's obviously the only correct answer."

"Can I at least ask first and get the satisfaction?"

"..I suppose." Emily snickered.

"Emily, will you do me the honor of-"

"Yes."

"I didn't even get to FINISH."

"I'm too excited to let you finish!" the stirling engine stated. "Oooh..a wedding! I've passed by a few, but I've never been part of one! My best friend's wedding, no less!"

"You're more excited for my wedding than I am, Em!" she laughed. "What gives?"

"I don't know! My wheels are wobbling with excitement."

"Slow down, Em!"

"You know what? I think we should gather all the girls. Maybe help you plan your wedding! Or even your honeymoon."

"I don't know, Emily.."

"It'll be fun! We can talk about James and Thomas..and the others..and they can't stop us."

"Well..who'd all be there?"

"Mavis...Daisy..maybe Annie and Claribel..and Rosie!"

"Rosie??" Maddy hummed. "Who's Rosie?"

"How on earth have you not met Rosie?"

"I don't pay attention to anyone that passes by me unless they're a big, red, mixed traffic engine, and that's only because he whistles at me every time he sees me."

"You've had to seen Rosie. Don't tell me you haven't. She's red, and she's got the number 37 on her."

"Doesn't ring a bell." she shrugged. "Sorry, Emily."

"Then that settles it. Girl's night tonight. I'll let the ladies know when I can. I know a place near Dryaw we can hang out. Bring snacks and your pajamas. Your softest and comfiest."

"Is this just one big sleepover?"

"Absolutely! It'll be so much fun! You won't regret it."

"I'm already regretting a lot of things, Em, what's one more?"

"I'm sure you and Rosie will get along fine."

"If she's anything like Daisy-"

"She's not! She's the sweetest. Like a field of flowers."

"I'll believe it when I see it. Now I'm supposed to be meeting Travis at Knapford. Mind dropping me off?"

"Of course, hon." Emily grinned. "Full steam ahead!"