Under Pressure

"Oh, my sweet." James spoke. "You've ruined your makeup..!"

"Who cares?! I'm getting MARRIED!" she squealed, nearly knocking him to the ground as she jumped up for a hug. "Mmmmmwah! Mwah mwah mwah!"

"Ack-" he laughed, throwing his arms around her, never to let her go again. "Who are you!?

"I am the HAPPIEST Honey Bee in the world!" she squealed, the crowd having dissipated from their spots, as the star event was to soon happen. The Great Race. Some of the world's speediest engines racing against each other to see who's the best.

"C'mon, Bee." he smiled, setting her down and taking her hand. "Let's go watch Gordon lose."

"Tsk." she huffed, smacking his shoulder with her free hand. "Have some faith in him."

"Don't you hit me....hey, you hear that?"

"Hear what?"

"Sh."

PEEP PEEEEEEP! PEEPPEEPPEEPPEEPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!

"..Nu-uh. Nope. C'mon James, I'm not staying here to talk to him."

"You can't be mad at him forever. His whistling sounds frantic. What's he doing?"

"I'm not going to find out." she hissed, trying to walk away. Instead, she was whisked off her feet like an angry cat, and James took her over to the source of the frantic whistling. 

"YOU PUT ME DOWN!" Maddy roared, kicking her feet, but to no avail, she was in the air, and therefore, she was useless. "I WILL BITE YOU IN YOUR SLEEP!"

"Shush, sweetheart."

   She did not shush, she hissed and complained the entire time until they found Thomas, who was still missing his buffer.

"Quit your whistling, Thomas!" James stated. "What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be on the island?"

"James! Oh, thank Lady." the tank engine panted. "Have you seen Gordon?!"

"Gordon?" he asked, beginning to struggle to keep Maddy at bay. "He's about to race, why?"

"He doesn't have his safety valve!"

"He what no- Oi! don't you bite me!"

"Who..is that?" Thomas asked.

"It's Maddy- I DID NOT JUST PROPOSE TO YOU JUST TO HAVE YOU BITE MY FINGERS OFF-"

"You proposed!?"

"Yeah!?"

"..Congrats?"

"Thanks. Now what's this about Gordon not having his safety valve?"

"Victor showed it to me while I was getting my buffer fixed.." Thomas frowned, his driver stepping out to hand him the valve. "I got here as fast as I could, thinking I could catch him. But I wasn't quick enough.."

"Hm..well, that's a problem."

"What's going on?" Maddy asked.

"If you weren't trying to bite my fingers off and screaming like a feral cat, you would've heard that Gordon's missing this safety valve."

"..What's that matter to me?"

"His boiler will explode if he doesn't have this, woman!"

"...Ooooh.."

"You're an idiot."

"I'm not an ENGINE, JamJam. Don't bully me."

"Bee, my arms are getting tired. If I set you down, are you going to attack him?"