Beautiful Lies

Nate was beyond suspicious. Something about Vivian no longer sat right in his boiler.

"Love-a-bug," Mavis hummed. "You've had that look on your face for the past half hour. What on earth are you thinking about?"

"Vivian."

"Still?"

"She's strange, and it's not because she's a foreigner. I'm suspecting that she's a liar. She's someone she's not supposed to be."

"Well.." she clicked her tongue, rolling a line of cars into place. "That's a really bold statement to make about someone you hardly know."

"Travis said that exact same thing.." Nathan grumbled. "Maybe James knows something that I don't."

"Then ask him, Love-a-bug. You're not going to get answers here." Mavis replied, an almost teasing tone in her voice. "And, I swear if you're hounding on some innocent woman, I'm going to kick your sorry bunker all the way to Barrow-n-Furness."

"Hou- I am not hounding!"

"Mmm......."

"Maviiiiiis!"

"Alright, alright!" the diesel laughed. "A poor choice of words, but you get what I mean."

"Thank you. Now if you don't mind, I've got an egotistical tender engine to talk to."

"Not before you deliver these cars. You're not puffing off empty-buffered."

"Man.."

"Chop-chop, Love-a-bug, you don't want to be late now, do you?"

"Of course I don't want to be late!"

   No matter how hard or how long he looked around while taking his train, Nathan couldn't find James. Either his luck was godawful as it usually was, or he was in the works for some unknown reason. Then, Nathan realized he had a phone. A phone with James' number on it. This entire time he could've just called the idiot. 

Brrrring...brrrring..

"You fool, I know you carry that phone of yours everywhere-"

Brrrri-

"You need something, Nate?"

"I do need something. Where the hell are you? I've been looking everywhere for you!"

"Since when is it your business to know where I am?"

"Since now, I need to talk to you about Vivian."

"I don't think it's polite to talk about someone when she's sitting right next to you."

"Sitting ri- ARE YOU AT HER APARTMENT."

"Yup."

"NO WONDER I COULDN'T FIND YOU. YOU-....ask her if you can have a friend drop by."

"You're on speaker, she's giggling at you and she's already said yes."

"Good, great. Which apartment building?"

"Dryaw Heights, Apartment 515."

"Thank you. I'll be there soon."