Playtime

Finally, Maddy was out of the hospital. She had to keep her cast on for a while, but she's learned to live with it. She was just waiting to be picked up, James told her one of them will, just not which one. Patiently waiting at the nearby station, she looked left to right, looking for her engine. She soon found out when she heard a...horn.

"...Oooh no, fuck that noise.." she groaned. No way was she riding on Diesel.

"..Hello, uh, Maddy.."

"Get going, bitch, I'm not hitching a ride with you. I don't even know if I can."

"You uh..can ride in my cab! You're small enough! Please just hop in.."

"..Yeah, no. I'll just..walk."

   She began to walk off the platform, ready to walk alongside the tracks to home. She'd skate, but James took them away on one of his visits so she couldn't do anything stupid. Smart engine. Well, Henry gave him the idea, James wouldn't think so thoroughly.

"Please please please! I said I was sorry..!"

"Why do you sound so scared, Diesel?"

"..No reason, I just want to make it up to you!"

"..Uh-huh..spill, you wretch." she spoke, cocking a brow.

"It's nothing, really!" Diesel sputtered. "Please get in.."

"Tell me the truth."

   Diesel sighed, he'd have to tell her what happened. She was just too stubborn.

"James said if I don't bring you back safe and sound he'll bump me into the ocean.."

"..Let him. I can do this aaaaall day." she said, walking to the edge of the tracks. She'd love to see what Jimbo would do to him.

   Diesel followed her, begging and begging to get her onboard. Nothing was working, and Diesel was really starting to get nervous. He believed every word James had said at the Dieselworks. James really roughed him up, he's never seen an engine be so literal with their words. But enough about that, he had to get Maddy in his cab. As he was about to beg again, the red engine puffed beside him.

"..What's going on here?"

"N-Nothing!"

"I'm trying to go home, Buzzy."

"..Hm, I see she doesn't trust you. Not a surprise there, Diesel."

"It's not my fault she's stubborn..!"

"Whatever, c'mon, Honey Bee, I'll take you home."

"Yay."

   Maddy quickly hobbled over the track, and onto James where she belonged. She missed sitting in her spot.

"Comfy?"

"Onward, steed!"

   James just rolled his eyes, but before he left, he glared at Diesel, who just shivered in fear. He knew he was in trouble.

"Buzzy, did you really threaten him?" she asked once they were far enough away.