Problem Solver

It didn't take long for the girls to text their friends and loved ones that Duck finally manned up and did what he was complaining about for months, and she said yes.

"Thomas owes me so much money." Emily cackled. "I knew that quackface had a chance, I just didn't think I'd be alive to see it-"

"How badly did he lose?" Mavis asked.

"Thousand dollars."

"Now where's he gonna get a thousand dollars???" she snickered.

"Don't know, don't care, I won."

  As they chattered amongst themselves, none of them noticed Duck hoist her up over his shoulder and rushing back to the rails until it was obvious the two had disappeared.

"Duck!" Annie called. 

"Where are you going?" asked Claribel.

"Just a bit of an emergency." he spoke through his teeth. "You ladies enjoy your night together, I've got something to sort out."

"Oh, well.." Rosie frowned. "Maybe she should rest. I did indirectly convince her to leave the works when she wasn't supposed to...but thanks for the food!"

   The rest of the girls followed suit, thanking her for the treats and such, and all they got from Bonnie was a shaky thumbs up. She didn't even look at them and just kept her face in Duck's back. They were all just left to wonder what happened.

   Turns out, however, Bonnie was still very much suffering from what Alfred had done to her, and she had thrown up in the grass. Duck took it as a sign to get her out of there and ask some questions. He never knew she was falling ill because of that wretched B12, and she never told him, either. Anytime he visited to make sure her repairs were going well [and frankly, sometimes he visited just so he could talk to her and give her Welsh lessons], she never showed signs of being ill. The only time when he saw that she was hurt was the initial time he had Gordon take her to the works, but that was all. Question was, why would she hide it?

"Anwyl." he quietly spoke. "Why didn't you tell me??"

"Not everything about me is your business.." she mumbled, just laying on top of his water tank, trying to not succumb to illness. "I'm fiiiiine."

"You are very much not fine. You lied to me."

"This is not the biggest thing I've lied about, trust me."

"You've been here for less than a year, what else is there for you to lie about?"

"Do you really want to know..."

"I'm your boyfriend now, so yes, I'd like to know."

"You will very much stop being my boyfriend if you tell a soul, alright?"

"Yes, BonBon.." he chuckled warmly. "I understand. Your secrets are not mine to share. Nor are mine. We keep them between each other, yes?"

"Yup..."

   After being told, Duck just simply accepted her secret as it was and got her settled in the shed. Bonnie had long since bought an actual bed for herself since she learned that sleeping on one was quite comfy after an unfortunate stay at Tidmouth. There was a spare bed there, and she was curious. James was reluctant to let her sleep in it, but she paid no mind, since everyone else seemed to be fine with it. All tucked in, Duck made sure she was good and comfy.