Welcome Home

James visited her whenever he had the chance. He never thought it appropriate to let the other engines know that she was alive and okay. James didn't have enough braincells to think about that. But the day of her discharge came, and James was to bring her home. They had bonded over the accident, and they both learned that the other wasn't quite so bad. They were both assholes, and that was okay. Maddy still had problems with James' attitude, something that would never ever change, and she would have to deal with it.

"Do you need me to carry you?" he asked as she hobbled alongside him.

"Carry me and I'll break your legs. I don't need a prince charming to help me out."

"Glad you think I'm prince charming material."

"..fuck you."

   Maddy flipped him off, and got the same in return.

"Am I doing it right?"

"Yeah, and I'm so proud. Just don't ever do that to Sir Topham Hatt."

"Noted."

   James hopped on the tracks, getting into his engine form. He wondered whether or not she would be able to hop onto her usual spot.

"Do you need to ride in my cab for once?"

"No no, I can do this..." she muttered. Little did she know, she was still too sore to really do anything.

"..Get in my cab." he chuckled. "You can't get up there, tiny."

   Maddy grumbled, and reluctantly went back to his cab. At least James' driver helped her up.

   Soon enough they were at the sheds. To James' surprise, everyone was there. He had hoped that they hadn't been there since the accident, nothing would've gotten done for so long!

"There you are, James..! Where have you been..?!" cried out Edward.

"..Places? Why are you all here? Shouldn't you be out working?"

"Oh..we're trying to get Thomas out of the sheds. He hasn't left them since the accident.." Henry said somberly. "He's worried sick for his little friend, and Sir Topham Hatt won't tell us anything..we've assumed the worst.."

"..Oh."

"Aren't you concerned, James?" questioned Gordon.

"Not really."

   Everyone was ready to tear into him, but he managed to save himself.

"Because I know the truth."

"..And that is..?" Gordon, Henry and Edward said. Thomas was silent. He hasn't peeped for weeks.

"..See for yourself."

  Maddy took that as a cue to hop out of his cab. With the help of James' driver, she hopped onto the ground, and walked in front of James. She was still minorly banged up and bandaged, but she was okay. All four engines were silent.

"...hi?"

   Thomas was the first to say something. Well, the first to do something. He took in his human form for the first time. Thomas had fluffy blue hair, and was just a bit taller than Maddy, but much shorter than James. He dressed very similarly to Maddy, with a sky blue hoodie with a number 1 on the back, and some nice khakis. That little man proceeded to take her to the ground.

"FU-" was all that she could cry out before she hit the ground.

"You're okay you're okay you're okay you're okay..!" the small male exclaimed, giving her the hug to end all hugs.

"Yes you blue bastard I'm okay now please get off me, I'm tender-" she coughed out.

  Thomas realized that, and quickly got off her.

"Christ, even you're taller than me."

"It's not difficult to be."

"No one asked for your opinion, James."

"No one asked for you to be a short ass."

"...Are they friends now?" pondered Henry. "It's hard to tell.."

"Something tells me yes." chuckled Edward.

"That's enough you two." Gordon said.

"Up yours, steaming sausage." they said in unison. Gordon just spluttered at their attitudes.

   Edward and Henry laughed while Thomas was rolling on the floor, laughing his ass off at their remark.

"Welcome home, Maddy. We missed you." they all said, some more excited than others.

   And for once in her 21 years of life, Maddy truly felt at home. Finally, a family she could call her own.

Sodor's New Worker (Semi-Hiatus Due to an AO3 rewrite)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें