Some New Year

With James furiously taking the lead, Thomas thought to himself about what would happen if he really let Maddy go like that. He'd be in such a world of trouble. Sir Topham Hatt would never be able to do anything, as James would get to him first. Everyone on the island enjoyed her company; Thomas would be scrapped on the spot if James let him live. 

"James...I'm really really sorry..!"

"Be quiet, Thomas. If anything bad happened to her I'm gonna-"

   Thomas just tuned him out, looking at the tracks beneath his wheels. The things James said would be too gruesome to properly describe. But, they were terrible to imagine.

"-you got that?"

"Huh? Yeah.." he murmured. 

   As they neared the Steelworks, James felt his blood boil once more. Those engines had no idea who they were messing with. He lurched forward, prying himself away from Thomas.

"Hey, wait! James!" Thomas called out.

   It was too late. James busted through the doors, angrily looking around the building for any sign of life.

"Oh! Well...hello! Quite an entrance.." Frankie hummed. "Hurricane! Visitors!"

"Ah?"

   The two engines puffed up to James. Neither really knew why he was so red in the face, but he wasn't happy.

"Is something wrong?"

"YOU TWO! Do you have any idea of what you've fucking done!?"

"What are you talking about, tender engine?"

   Both Hurricane and Frankie noticed a sullen Thomas puffing up next to this stranger. They both figured he must be Thomas's friend.

"Thomas! You've returned! Is this your friend?"

"..yeah..friend.."

"Where is she?!"

"Where is who?"

"Don't you play dumb with me, you silly engines! Thomas had someone tagging along with him! Where. Is. SHE."

"Oh, I think she's out pouring the slag.." Hurricane hummed. "She's been such a good helper! Perhaps the workmen were right!"

"Ah, so you've heard of her?"

"Of course! She's sort of a Mainland celebrity! We heard rumors of her showing up on Sodor a few years ago. To be honest, we thought she was a myth!"

"Well, since she's HERE.." James spat, "Would you two realize she's also still HUMAN?"

"What does that have to do with anything?" Frankie asked.

"IT MEANS WHAT IT MEANS! HUMANS CANNOT SURVIVE THE SAME CONDITIONS WE CAN, YOU-"

   James continued to spill out every ounce of rage he had within in. Thomas was decently surprised he didn't bump either of them off the tracks. James was so loud, in fact, that the Experimental Engines heard from outside, so they came in to check what the commotion was about. Fortunately for Frankie and Hurricane, James' seething rage was interrupted by a sickeningly loud noise from further back in the factory. It didn't sound good.

"My word!" Frankie exclaimed, "What was that!?"

"I think it came from near the melting..pot.." Hurricane spoke, his words fading as he saw a slag puddle seep out and start melting some of the machinery.

"Oh..uhm..Frankie, I think our guests need to leave! Now!"

"What!?" James hissed.

   The two approached the group of engines, their goal was pushing them out of the building. James' quick thinking allowed him to avoid the two as he ran back to the source of the noise to check it out. He had a hunch, and he prayed to Lady it was correct.