Mademoiselle!

It had been a few days since Nathan and Maddy had met, and everyone, everyone was overjoyed to see Maddy smiling again. But most of all, James, of course, was the happiest. She, for the most part, was back to the way she was. However, being around her as long as he had, he noticed the spark in her eyes was different. He couldn't quite pin down why; he just knew something was different about it.

"What are you two doing?" Gordon commented.

"Trying to win a staring contest-" Thomas huffed. "Don't break my concentration-"

"Thomas.." Percy laughed. "You're not going to win. She's spent the last few months doing nothing BUT staring."

"Hush, Percy. BLINK, MADDY."

"Blinking is for losers."

"Don't have somewhere to be?"

"Nathan isn't here yet. Shut your pie hole. You look like you're going to cry."

"..Argh!" Thomas spat, losing the contest he started. "How do you do it!?"

"Years of trauma. And James being stupid."

"I am NOT stupid."

"You keep telling me that, yet you keep proving yourself wrong every other day."

"I will stare at you."

"You won't win, James."

"I'll prove you wrong. Right now."

"You're going to embarrass yourself again."

"Just get over here!"

   She shrugged, waddling her way over to James, who was hyping himself up to try and beat Maddy at what she was best at.

"You're pathetic."

"You're so mean to me, Honey Bee."

"Yeah yeah. Now three..two..one.."

   James nearly lost right off the bat when her stare pierced him straight through his boiler. Even if she wasn't trying to be scary, he felt as though she knew something.

"Hhh-"

"You're not going to wiiiin..you're panicking. I can see it in your eyes."

"Quit trying to get into my smokebox!"

"..What in the DARN is going on here."

"Nathan! Where did you come from?!" Edward yelped.

"The tracks? Now what's going on? Are they mad at each other?"

"No.." Thomas snickered. "He's trying to beat her in a staring contest."

"...Why?"

"So he can feel good about himself."

"You blinked." she smirked.

"FUCK."

"James! Language!"

"Bite me, Edward."

"I told you." she snickered. "But when have I ever been wrong?"

"Lots." he sneered.

"Probably, but this isn't one of them , JamJam."

"..."

"Ladybug's here, anyway." she snickered, quickly climbing on James to give him a kiss. "I'll see you later."

"Hmph."

"Love youuu."

"HMPH."

"Don't be like that."