A New Train on the Block

"Thomas, it's too small for you, take it off-" Maddy whined. The little bastard had stolen her hoodie after she took it off too cool down.

"I'm Maddy, I'm snarky as can be and head over heels for a guy so stuck up his own ass he can't get out!"

"Language!"

"Awe, come on Edward, you know it's true!"

"I'm not THAT stuck up!"

"Yes you are now TAKE OFF THE FUCKIN' HOODIE-" she hissed. She noticed that Thomas had left his own on the floor just to try hers on.

"..Two can play at that game." Maddy smirked, snatching up the blue hoodie. Obviously it was too big for her, but she liked it that way.

"I'm Thomas, Sir Topham Hatt's number one engine! I have my own branchline and make bets on people's relationships!"

"Hey! Give that back!"

"..A pretty good representation of you." Gordon puffed.

"Thanks, Gordy, now trade me, you blue midget-"

"You have no right to say that, tiny-" he said, tossing his hoodie at her.

"Sucker." she said, poking her tongue out at him. She didn't give his back.

"Hey!" Thomas exclaimed, and gave chase. The chase didn't last long as Sir Topham Hatt pulled up in his car. Everyone stopped, looking at the fat man.

"Settle down everyone!" he bellowed. "We have a new engine coming to the island today, so you all need to make a good first impression."

"Another engine..?" puffed Henry. "But we're doing just fine right now..!"

"The island can always use help, Henry. He should be here any minute now."

"How much longer am I going to be the only girl here? Not that I mind it, just curious." 

"The time will come soon, dear Maddy."

   Soon, all the engines plus Maddy heard a horn. Strange. Steam engines don't have horns..the only engines that have horns are..

Diesels.

"..Nope." Was all Maddy said before going back to her corner. She didn't know this engine, and she didn't want to meet them either.

"..Hello, steamies.." the diesel oiled. "My name is Diesel..pleased to make your acquaintance.."

   Each engine introduced themselves reluctantly, one by one. No one said a word about Maddy.

"Strange..there should be one more? Where is she?" questioned the controller.

  The engines all looked at each other, not answering STH. If she wanted to make herself known, she would. However, STH was NOT dealing with her antics today. So, he went into the back of the sheds, because where else would she be.

"Don't touch me old man-"

"Go meet the engine."

"I refuse-"

  Since STH would not take no for an answer, he just picked her up. Even with his age, it wasn't hard to pick up something as small as she. She struggled to get herself free, causing the new engine to cock a brow.