A Turn(table) of Events

Maddy was excited for her new hoodie. It was perfect! So soft and breathable, but kept her warm. She couldn't wait to show her friends.

"James. James. Jaaaaaaaames. Look at me." the small girl pouted. "I want to show you somethiiiiing."

"No."

"I'll keep this up if I have to. Look at me."

  James scoffed, begrudgingly looking over at her. He was greeted with red.

"Look what Sir Topham Hatt gave me! Isn't it pretty? I even got my own number!" she babbled on. "Do you like it?"

"..It looks nice, but we all know I'm the most splendid red engine here!" James smugly replied.

"..I'm not an engine."

"Let me have this."

"But we're matching..sorta. Isn't that something? Red isn't just your color, jackass!"

"Yes, it is."

  He received a punch to the boiler.

"Ow!"

"Your vanity is going to get you into trouble."

"Whatever. Is that all you wanted to show me?"

"....yes." Maddy responded sheepishly. "Do you think the others will like it?"

"I don't know and I don't really care."

"You're a jerk."

"And?"

  Maddy didn't argue any more. She knew she wouldn't win. James was as stubborn as she was.

   Luckily for her though, everyone adored her new hoodie. Even Gordon did. He told her it looked comfy yet professional at the same time, it suited her. Edward simply said it looked nice, personally thinking it was better for her than purple. Of course, Thomas liked it. It annoyed James that he wasn't the only red member of the team, and Thomas took great joy in it. Henry gushed over it, in his own sheepy little way. Maddy couldn't take all of his dainty little compliments and hid away. Thankfully though, it was bedtime for everyone.

   Maddy was woken up early by the sound of someone loudly grumbling. She didn't care who it was, her sleep was interrupted and she was grumpy. Hopping out of bed, she rubbed her eyes and hobbled out Henry's berth.

"The hell is going ooon..I need my sleep!" Maddy snapped.

"The turntable's broken.." yawned Henry.

"I'll be late to pick up the Express!" Gordon whined. He was the one on the broken turntable.

    She grumbled and walked out to the turntable.

"Put some clothes on!" screeched James.

"Up yours. It's not that bad. Now lemme take a look."