Crane Game

The odd behavior of the NWR's 15 wasn't limited to just those who lived at Tidmouth. From Bertie and Bulgy, to Toby and BoCo, everyone, even though some hadn't met her more than once, or only knew of her by word, were aware of her odd behavior. The empty giggle, the worryingly death-centered jokes, but as much as they tried to talk to her, she'd brush them off, or insist she's fine, that there was no need to worry.

   Technically, none of it was out of the ordinary for her, but the frequency of these events was a cause for concern. All the engines alike were talking about it. Wondering if anything would ever come of it, or if she was just in a mood. Even some of her closest friends couldn't get under her skin, no matter how hard they tried, and that included Mavis and Emily.

"I'm worried about her.." Mavis muttered. "Well, I'm always worried about her, but this is a whole new level of concerning."

"I know." Emily exclaimed. "I knew she was a......well, whatever she is. But hating someone that badly.."

"You'd expect her to hate her parents that much."

"Oh, she does. She very much does, but they're not exactly around every day. Nate is."

"And that's what worries me, Emily. Nathan's always around. We can't just tell him to go away..and we shouldn't. He hasn't done anything wrong, but..she won't listen, and I'm afraid she's gonna hurt him."

"Now that's something I doubt she'll do." Emily sighed. "She's not malicious......I think. Not on purpose, anyway."

"No, no she's not, she's just...very emotional. She acts according to how she feels. Not a lot of rational thought in her head.."

"Now now, Mavis." Emily quietly snickered. "She's got rationale......."

".....But it's blocked by her emotions, Emily." Mavis frowned. "How long ago did she break Thomas' buffer clean off?"

"However long it's been since the Show...minus a day or two."

"And I don't think she's ever officially said sorry. Thomas apologized for what he said to her, but I don't think she ever said it. It just...went away. I hardly ever see her apologize to James, too."

"Have you considered she's just not the type to apologize directly..?"

"Sometimes it's like she doesn't apologize at all." Mavis grumbled. "I love her to death, but MOTHER FUC-"

"Mavis!" Emily laughed. "Do you need to rant?????"

"I'd rant to Maddy herself, but who knows how she'll get if I rant about her to her."

"Not very well. You would not survive. Or be in one piece."

"Please let me talk, Emily. I keep this in any longer I'm gonna end up fighting her."

"Jab away. I'm in no rush."

"...that EGOTISTICAL CU-"

   Emily found herself listening to Mavis rant and rant and rant about Maddy's behavior for what seemed like an hour. During that time, Toby came by, the most confused he'd ever been. She just gave him a look and mouthed 'Maddy' to him, to which he then understood and teetered off. He knew Mavis was in good buffers. Sort of. At least she had someone to listen to her.

   Even down at the Skarloey Railway, there was talk about this woman and her almost psychopathic behavior. Though, the only ones who had met her for more than ten minutes was Duncan, Skarloey and Rheneas.