Sinclaire-ity

Ever since his stop at MC BUNN's, James found himself not going on a manhunt for his runaway wife, but instead, he made an almost daily visit to the bakery just to see Vivian, months and months went by, and yet there was hardly a day that went by where he wasn't at MC BUNN's.

"Jesus." Vivian spoke. "Sir, dontcha got things to do? This is your third visit just today."

"I'm a hungry engine, thank you." he grumbled. "Plus, you make pretty great baked goods."

"Aw, well thank you kindly." she giggled, sweeping the floor. "Can I getcha anything?"

"I heard you put out red velvet cinnamon rolls?"

"That I did. Would y' like to try one?"

"Can I?"

"I'm not sure. Do all your jobs correctly?"

"You know it, Vivian." he smirked, giving her a wink. "I always do my jobs efficiently and on time."

"Alright, alright. Just give me a moment. You always manage to come in when I'm closin'. You doin' this on purpose?"

"Me, do this on purpose?" he gasped, putting a hand to his chest. "How absurd of you."

"I'm pretty sure you do this on purpose." she laughed, putting the broom away. "Cause this happens almost every day."

"Pah. What do you know."

"I know how to lure in stupid, handsome men into the shop and bake them into my goodies."

"I've been here for months, how come you haven't baked me into anything yet?"

"Simple, you're just stupid."

"That was completely uncalled for." he mumbled, crossing his arms, but soon a red velvet cinnamon roll was set in front of him, and Vivian was in the seat across from him with her own cinnamon roll.

"You always asked for these." she spoke, shoving a piece of it into her face. "Any reason why?"

"Well.." he started out, picking at the roll with a fork. "My wife loved a lot of things red velvet...and she'd like these..."

"Laura told me your wife ran away..I'm so sorry about that, sir.." Vivian responded, solemnly shaking her head. "That...really must suck, hm?"

"It's been about..two years, ten months and three days."

"You've kept track?" she questioned. "Why..?"

"Edward- That smaller blue tender engine who I'm sure you've seen through the window on occasion, told me it was best to give up any hope of her showing back up.....but.."

"You refuse to believe it, don't ya." she said through a mouth of roll. "She must've been reeeeally somethin' hm?"

"She was a lot of something.."

"Tell me about her. If ya want, that is."

"Where would I even begin with that woman.." James sighed. "She's a real hotshot, hotheaded and temperamental, but she knew what she was doing and always did it with skill and finesse. Somehow, she always made her jobs fun, no matter what she was doing. I can't think of a job she hated other than passenger service."

"Really now? Sounds like a total catch."

"Oh, she was..one of the few people I know who could 'deal with my snooty antics', as Edward puts it. She taught me a lot of things, help me be more in line with the modern folks of today, and it works. I've got fans following me on all my socials..including her.."

"Interestin', but tell me, how'd you two end up bein' together?"

"Now that.." he chuckled sadly. "Was a complex story that I still don't understand. I always thought she was just another fan for the longest time. I had no concept of romantic love, only the love of being admired by hundreds of people. Broke her poor heart before I realized that I, too, loved her with all my being."